Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&S menu question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
M&S menu question

I spent most of last nights flight from krk trying to find which menu item is 'one of your 5 a day' as per the published key.

Can anyone help?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I spent most of last nights flight from krk trying to find which menu item is 'one of your 5 a day' as per the published key.

Can anyone help?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0e6d763c12.jpg
I think you'll find it appears next to the listing for each type of wine on offer: wine is made from grapes; grapes are fruit; fruit counts towards your 5 a day.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I've been waiting for the "M&S menu icon pedantry" thread ever since the launch of BoB! I knew it would appear at some point, given the sharp minds of the BA FT population...

Anyway, the question I've long been wondering is: which bit of the globe is depicted on the "Not available on shorter flights" icon? Is it from some earlier state of continental drift? It seems an odd decision to just make up a map of the globe with no reference to an actual map, considering BA is a global airline that should be quite good with maps, in certain situations.

Any ideas?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold!/OWE
Originally Posted by Deltus
Anyway, the question I've long been wondering is: which bit of the globe is depicted on the "Not available on shorter flights" icon?

Any ideas?
Looks like Africa with a bit of Antarctica on the edge. If you squint. A lot.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I remember asking a while ago for a bacon roll to be told they did not serve it on the Istanbul route but I could buy two types of ham sandwich...
TWCLAM and florens like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.