Wiki Posts
Search

PRN Oddness - Not a complaint

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:52 am
Original Poster

PRN Oddness - Not a complaint

Background:
(A) I bought RT IAD/LHR on AA (BA metal) through AMEX.
(B) A month or so later, I bought RT LGW/FNC on BA (BA metal), again through AMEX, with dates that are within trip (A) above. [No rule breaking here, just a trip within a trip that doesn't attempt to skirt MSR.]

This means my vacation will be in chronological order with several days between each flight: IAD/LHR then LGW/FNC then FNC/LGW then LHR/IAD.

So I now have two PNRs from BA (as well as one from AA, but we will ignore that). All jolly good.

Looking at the PNRs online have the following
PNR #1 : IAD/LHR and LGW/FNC and LHR/IAD
PNR #2 : IAD/LHR and FNC/LGW and LHR/IAD

I am delighted that the flights are linked through common PNRs, just in case anything goes wrong with the Madeira flights, but this really looks delightfully wonky. Same flight showing up on multiple PNRs. Has anyone seen anything similar?
ED: Just noticed that the AA PNR has all four flights. Very odd.
ED2: PNR not PRN

Last edited by bostonkarl; Nov 30, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by bostonkarl
Background:
(A) I bought RT IAD/LHR on AA (BA metal) through AMEX.
(B) A month or so later, I bought RT LGW/FNC on BA (BA metal), again through AMEX, with dates that are within trip (A) above. [No rule breaking here, just a trip within a trip that doesn't attempt to skirt MSR.]

This means my vacation will be in chronological order with several days between each flight: IAD/LHR then LGW/FNC then FNC/LGW then LHR/IAD.

So I now have two PRNs from BA (as well as one from AA, but we will ignore that). All jolly good.

Looking at the PRNs online have the following
PRN #1 : IAD/LHR and LGW/FNC and LHR/IAD
PRN #2 : IAD/LHR and FNC/LGW and LHR/IAD

I am delighted that the flights are linked through common PRNs, just in case anything goes wrong with the Madeira flights, but this really looks delightfully wonky. Same flight showing up on multiple PRNs. Has anyone seen anything similar?
ED: Just noticed that the AA PRN has all four flights. Very odd.
Enjoy FNC. Just beware it doesn't always go to plan.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Are you going to Reid’s? I’m a complete sucker for “Churchill stayed here” grand, old hotels.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: QF WP
Thread title seems to have autocorrected to PRN= pro re nata 🤣🤣🤣

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.