Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holiday booking- pilots strike = problems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holiday booking- pilots strike = problems

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Improved slightly, by 7 minutes. The screens are now showing the first flight in the morning, to LHR, the irony is our flight this morning (to MAD where we have been ever since) was the first on the screens departing T5 (0630)!! I think we’re going insane... more gin needed!!

Last edited by hungry; Nov 30, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by hungry

yes tried he was really sympathetic but said cos were rebooked have to stick with it. I asked him if he can just get us home... but no can do at least till tomorrow.

He did however refund the first nights hotel fee, which is something at least. Again cant fault this guy or the one from earlier, they r 100% spot on.

at least were in the lounge drinking wine and gin... but at 2300 they close apparently!!! Will they really just kick us out do you think ??
Yes that is one good thing for BA Holidays they are second to none none when you are away, proactive and have the ability and empowerment to do things.. I am sure they would if they could. I think when you get home I’d be trying to submit s claim for EU261 or speak to BA Holidays Cutomer Relations as opposed to BA Customer Relations, Like you say how could they checkmyou in not knowing the flight was cancelled. They could have rebooked you Or offered you the ability to abandon your trip. Hope you get a couple of days sun and safe travels.

I thought one lounge was 24/7 I’d be asking to go there if the one you are in is closing at 11.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
Dear All

Since I am updating, here is another !

So after the nightmare trip (feels like years ago now) I obviously complained to BA about the situation. They fobbed it off to Iberia.

Asked for EU compo with Iberia. In about Feb after lots of emails etc got a phone call from Madrid. Iberia saying we ARE owed the 2 x 250eur compo. Asked me to send copy of BP, Passport and bank details for both pax. Duly did this. Nothing back!

Many more emails back to Iberia, post letters sent twice, calls to no avail, more emails... months on feeling really fed up complained to the Spanish CAA (AESA). That was SLOW, sent a package off to Spain as requested, with full details of all what happened, all evidence, BP copes, PP copies, everything! (about a tenner postage)..

More delays and more waiting........

Finally a week and three days ago they wrote to me, they found in OUR favour and the airline is at fault and we are owed 2 x 250eur compo!!! We WON !!!

Only, we are now waiting for Iberia / BA / nostrum / WHOEVER to make contact to arrange payment.... I have emailed them a copy of the decision of AESA and asked to arrange payment for both 250euro's within 7 days.... no reply (surprise surprise)....

How long would one wait before starting legal action?

Thanks again everyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.