Lounge for JNB有HR morning flights?

Old Nov 30, 18, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Location: Either below the Ockham stack or below the approach to SDKY
Programs: UA 1MM/*G. AA EXP for 1 more year. Then, who knows?
Lounge for JNB有HR morning flights?

I'm very happy that BA is running a day flight JNB-LHR some days this winter, and will be flying it next month. The OneWorld site still lists the Galleries lounge as opening at 1600h. Do they open in the morning for these flights, are there alternative arrangements, or are we loungeless?
Old Nov 30, 18, 4:53 am

Programs: BA

Took this flight two weeks ago. The JNB lounge was indeed opened specially for the flight just the J side is used, not the F side. The day I was travelling, the lounge was very empty which was nice. I chatted with the staff and they said the lounge is always open in the morning on the days when this daytime flight departs. And that it is always just the J side.
Old Nov 30, 18, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much! Decent breakfast?
Old Nov 30, 18, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
The couple of times my flight from JNB has been delayed overnight, they have opened the lounge in the morning.

Given that this is a scheduled service, and there other local international flights for Comair/BA, BA might have had the organisational skills to schedule it to be open it for the morning flight.
Old Nov 30, 18, 5:32 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag View Post
Thanks very much! Decent breakfast?
Unfortunately I didn稚 notice whether there was much on or not.

I have a vague feeling there was not much, or perhaps nothing. This would make a sort of sense since breakfast was served pretty rapidly after take-off.

I wouldn稚 swear to it though, it is possible there was a breakfast. Sorry I can稚 be more use on that one!
Old Nov 30, 18, 5:56 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by escape2sun View Post
The couple of times my flight from JNB has been delayed overnight, they have opened the lounge in the morning.

Given that this is a scheduled service, and there other local international flights for Comair/BA, BA might have had the organisational skills to schedule it to be open it for the morning flight.
Except the other international flights on BA/Comair use the SLOW lounge - the Galleries lounge is only for the LHR flights, and vice versa (ie if travelling on the LHR flights then you can only use the Galleries lounge )
mec72 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 18, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thomathy View Post

Unfortunately I didn稚 notice whether there was much on or not.

I have a vague feeling there was not much, or perhaps nothing. This would make a sort of sense since breakfast was served pretty rapidly after take-off.

I wouldn稚 swear to it though, it is possible there was a breakfast. Sorry I can稚 be more use on that one!
To answer my own question, it's a fairly decent breakfast spread, including crepes with vegetables and feta cheese, sandwiches, and a waffle machine. No buck's fizzes or bloody Marys though, because all the booze is locked up.
Thomathy likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: