Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Still Sucks - Got seated in economy after buying a business ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Still Sucks - Got seated in economy after buying a business ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
lol funny post.

In my regular hops to ORD UA is the airline I always actively avoid for their old planes, poor seats and frankly appalling service/food/drinks.

As per your post, I think you are either making fun of the seat being the same in CE as it is in ET (as mentioned above, welcome to Europe) or you were indeed bumped in ET, in which case it's your lucky day as you can claim compensation.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by mec72
There was an article on one of US blogs (TPS?) recently in the same tone about A3 J flight from Greece to Germany that had "fraud" in the title. I guess the OP is not the only one who was surprised by European J.
Complaints on this score about A3 are not uncommon but anyone who flies with them knows that all Y hand luggage is checked for both size and weight and if it's over it goes in the hold. One post I read from a US citizen accused A3 of stealing as he couldn't take his UA allowance on board.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Too many people spend too much time obsessing about fare basis designations rather than taking a quick peak at the hard & soft product. One need not do in-depth research such as some on FT do regarding the size of the rolls and how many pats of butter come with each meal. But, there is no common worldwide standard because for reasons which escape me, the United Nations has never devoted a major effort to developing a worldwide standard for the use of the myriad terms.

Bottom line is that OP appears to have purchased a rather expensive CE ticket believing that the hard product would be similar to a US carrier's domestic F standard product when it is not.

On the other hand, maybe if OP comes back, we will find that he really was relegated to steerage and is due a hefty EC 261/2004 refund.
adrianlondon, Sealink and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
It must be 95%+ of European business seats flying today that are the same or worse than the BA proposition. Also this is the only Business seat flying between London and Nice (Air France can't be bothered) so not sure where he will take his business - well actually he could switch to the BA London City service and not have the middle seat and lounge if he really wants something to complain about....

We can all complain about the European business proposition but many of us also work for businesses who would never allow business class fares on flights as short as this. If the demand isn't there the product will adapt to meet the demand/price that does exist or it will disappear completely. Ryanair will happily take £45 for a return flight to Nice, I say with competition as low priced as that BA are business geniuses for managing to get €1000 from people like the OP....
Often1 and alpenlupe like this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 1, 2018 at 12:47 am Reason: To comply with rule 12
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
The OP has made 2 posts since joining in Jan.

This post he has 3m miles on united in Jan he had +1m miles.

Lets be honest i don't think we will get an update anytime soon, so maybe time to let this one go
T8191, alpenlupe and jinglish like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I don't doubt the OP as I had to this happen to me.
To add insult to injury the people in front got a free upgrade to business. Six months later, so much correspondence and I still haven't received the refund in overpaid taxes. Mickey mouse doesn't describe it.

People who look down their noses and call people trolls who complain about this, well, I can't wait until this happens to you too. Get some perspective, you've paid for a service, not been compensated and had to chase for what BA should not have taken - the extra taxes. How is taking someone's money, not providing a service and not giving the excess paid back not a crime. Either way I give up, it's shameful. Shame on BA.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
I don't doubt the OP as I had to this happen to me.
To add insult to injury the people in front got a free upgrade to business. Six months later, so much correspondence and I still haven't received the refund in overpaid taxes. Mickey mouse doesn't describe it.

People who look down their noses and call people trolls who complain about this, well, I can't wait until this happens to you too. Get some perspective, you've paid for a service, not been compensated and had to chase for what BA should not have taken - the extra taxes. How is taking someone's money, not providing a service and not giving the excess paid back not a crime. Either way I give up, it's shameful. Shame on BA.
If you were downgraded on BA, just follow the EU261 procedures as in below, 6 months is far too long, so i would lean towards MCOL.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...61-2004-a.html
alpenlupe likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Of course downgrading does happen from time to time on any airline (Although extremely rarely on BA short haul, ironically because of the flexibility of their business seat set up...). Luckily as a European airline its pretty easy to get compensation from them when this does happen though, not sure what has gone wrong with your case but sure the experts here can help you to get what you deserve from BA here.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 1, 2018 at 12:52 am Reason: Removal of side discussion as part of thread clean-up
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Quite extraordinary
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Quite extraordinary
indeed. BA club Europe is "quite extraordinary....negatively! 😂
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by nivsy
indeed. BA club Europe is "quite extraordinary....negatively! 😂
Your opinion. Not shared by me.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Quite extraordinary
Which means no compensation for the OP then.

Sorry, I’ll get my coat.
choosethedrew and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

Sorry, I’ll get my coat.
Getting my coat as well...quite hard to put on though as the seat in front is somewhat tight and close and no room on the aisle...and I'm in row 2..lol
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Sorry, I’ll get my coat.
That was actually not bad at all
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:10 am

Sorry, I’ll get my coat.
Do you mind if I get a G&T instead? Would either of you like one too? Good! Be a Love and ring the bell for CIHY - He's really quite a dab hand at those. A bit slow but it's worth the wait.
missdimeaner likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.