Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Still Sucks - Got seated in economy after buying a business ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Still Sucks - Got seated in economy after buying a business ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:12 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Yep, Business class across most of Europe short haul is pretty dire in the aircraft hard product, but while the good citizens put up with it, there is no motivation for the airlines to change.

At least Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East, the Americas still have decent hard products - some fantastic, some just ok.
Do remember the premium for J in Australia for example can be 6x the cheapest economy fare. In Europe it’s more like 3.5x
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dougy_D
Row 10, the best and cheapest business (not *generally CE) seats on BA
I know this it OT (sorry!) but why row 10? I have a few CE flights booked with Row 10 available. I am currently in Row 11 and 12... should I change?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
I know this it OT (sorry!) but why row 10? I have a few CE flights booked with Row 10 available. I am currently in Row 11 and 12... should I change?
economy seat, but an exit row I think, so extra leg room
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:48 am

Welcome to the Cruz aka Trump world of BA.
He says everything will be great now with massive investment. The result however is that we all are suckers getting rinsed with a worse deal. I.e. smaller portions of food, cheaper drinks, etc...
At least most crew are working hard to deliver a service.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC
3 million miles on United would indicate an experienced flyer. Paying more than €1000 for one way Nice to London would indicate otherwise.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by geerat

economy seat, but an exit row I think, so extra leg room
Depends which aircraft A321 is different rows 8+9, A319 is row 10, A320's vary i think between 10, 11 &12
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by stewaran
Depends which aircraft A321 is different rows 8+9
It's a little difficult to keep track but while this was once true, it is no longer so. All the A321 CEOs have been 'densified' and so the exit rows are now 9/10 and 23/24 on these aircraft.

See this informative post from c-w-s: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30459828-post76.html

The A321 NEOs I understand will be different when they arrive, see this helpful post from KARFA: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30475748-post91.html
jerry a. laska and stewaran like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
3 million miles on United would indicate an experienced flyer. Paying more than €1000 for one way Nice to London would indicate otherwise.
I think most of us can guess that that price is probably for a round-trip TATL ticket via LHR and OP is miffed that LHR-NCE and reverse are not proper J
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
A lot of flyers in the US were able to take advantage of credit card spend which contributed to their declared mileage. Don't remember full details but I always take the miles on their status details with a pinch of salt unless I know them.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I think most of us can guess that that price is probably for a round-trip TATL ticket via LHR and OP is miffed that LHR-NCE and reverse are not proper J
OP’s first post doesn’t support your hypothesis. We’ve been told NCE-LHR and €1000. That is a feasible fare for a booking class J ticket.

Further detail from the OP would be helpful.

Last edited by krispy84; Nov 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by krispy84

OP’s first post doesn’t support your hypothesis. We’ve been told NCE-LHR and €1000. That is a feasible fare for a booking class J ticket.

Further detail from the OP would be helpful.
That is a ridiculous fare though, if that is the case. I can't believe that it would be the case.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
It's a little difficult to keep track but while this was once true, it is no longer so. All the A321 CEOs have been 'densified' and so the exit rows are now 9/10 and 23/24 on these aircraft.

See this informative post from c-w-s: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30459828-post76.html

The A321 NEOs I understand will be different when they arrive, see this helpful post from KARFA: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30475748-post91.html
Row 9 on a 'densified' A321 may be designated an Exit row, but it is not an extra legroom exit row. Also, no air vents/lights in that seat.

BA1338 LHR - NCL had 10 rows of CE on a 'densified' A321 last night. I wouldn't have like to have been the people who paid £300+ for CE in row 9 last night.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
That is a ridiculous fare though, if that is the case. I can't believe that it would be the case.
A quick dummy booking shows a flexible NCE-LHR return in CE to be €1200-€1500+ depending on combination of booking class D and J.

Not a fare I would be willing to pay in a million years!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: BA
Let's acknowledge that this is the same for all legacy carriers in Western Europe. This is not a BA specific issue, and is ultimately the market's fault.

I find it hard to believe that such an experienced flier didn't even think to check out what they were paying for, given that it'd take 2 minutes on Google. Especially after having avoided BA for so long. Also, I am amazed at someone who so experienced has never ever heard of this being the norm for intra-European business class. LH, AF, KL and all the others.

Smells like a troll.
alpenlupe, jinglish and Crofton138 like this.

Last edited by hemschmall; Nov 30, 2018 at 7:44 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Petrus
Welcome to the Cruz aka Trump world of BA..
Right, because Cruz was the one that introduced Euro-style J. Come on...

-----

OP needs to come back and clarify if they were aware of the product that CE is and if that they were seated in a CE cabin or in economy.

If this is just a case of a consumer not being aware of the product that he or she purchased, then this thread can be merged with all the pre-existing whinging threads about the quality of CE
Andriyko, HIDDY, alpenlupe and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.