Slightly complicated Avios conundrum

Old Nov 29, 18, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Slightly complicated Avios conundrum

Hoping someone can help. Wife and I are silver......but have used all our points for a family Business Class to Vegas next year.

Brother and sister in law are Blue and have 300k of points.

The 4 of us are going PEC to USA in January and using points to upgrade to Business coming home.

So, the conundrum is that i want to book the 4 flights on my account so we can pick all the seats together, but then i want to call up and upgrade all 4 seats using their points (i have TP control of their account)

Is this possible/plausible ?
Old Nov 29, 18, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Add them to your household account.? Does that work?
Old Nov 29, 18, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

I cant as they have their own household account
Old Nov 29, 18, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
If they book the seats and do the upgrade (with you in their F&F list), I donít see whatís going to stop you later going into MMB as one of the passengers and choosing the seats with your status.
Old Nov 29, 18, 2:38 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
As long as you're in the booking, it doesn't matter who makes it. Or am I missing something?
Old Nov 29, 18, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
The details arenít clear to me...but if they book the flights, and you (as silver) are one of the passengers, then you will be able to do seating assignments for every one. You do not need to be the individual making the booking in order to access the benefit of free seat selection.

If if you are using their points to upgrade and they have a HHA, you (and anyone else on the booking) must be on their F&F list.
Anonba and englisha like this.
Old Nov 29, 18, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

So this is what i was hoping to understand. We are all on each others F&F account so if they book all 4 seats on theirs then do the upgrades are we 100% certain that i can update the reference into my account then reserve all the seats.

I thought that was a Gold privilege and not Silver.
Old Nov 29, 18, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Include your BA number in the reservation when booking and it should appear in your account automatically.

Free seat assignments will be extended to all in reservation.
Old Nov 29, 18, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skippythelizard View Post
Include your BA number in the reservation when booking and it should appear in your account automatically.

Free seat assignments will be extended to all in reservation.

Cheers.
Old Nov 29, 18, 4:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dolfinco View Post
I thought that was a Gold privilege and not Silver.
The Gold privilege, or rather TCP component, applies to travellers on completely separate bookings but travelling in the same cabin. However in your case, since you should be all on the same booking anyway, then whoever has the highest status is able to do the needful.
dolfinco and Anonba like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: