Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reward Flight Saver Rebooking on date of flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward Flight Saver Rebooking on date of flight?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Question Reward Flight Saver Rebooking on date of flight?

Hey Guys,
couldnīt seem to find anything related to this, if there is something, please feel free to merge.
Iīm having a flight MUC-LHR-HAM(yes, yes i know. but itīs to burn off some miles for an appointment i have in HAM). And the only flight on Dec 3rd was the BA953/972 connection. Only problem is, since the flight arrives at 21:50 in HAM and the last bus/train to my destination departs at 22:17, thatīs cutting it pretty close. Do you think they would rebook me on earlier flights if there were any seats available in Club or are they strict on the no rebooking on departure date policy?
Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers from MUC

EDDMflyer
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You would only be able to change the flight to one with reward availability. The usual change fee would be incurred.

There is even a kind of same day change option for rewards departing from LHR. You can change it on day at LHR if there is availability on an earlier LHR-HAM, the ground agents will change it for a Ģ60 change fee I believe.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
You would only be able to change the flight to one with reward availability. The usual change fee would be incurred.
I've managed this via the GGL line but I was under the impression that awards are typically non-changeable and non-refundable from 24 hours before departure so it may be a YMMV?
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I've managed this via the GGL line but I was under the impression that awards are typically non-changeable and non-refundable from 24 hours before departure so it may be a YMMV?
I think KARFA's referring to an LHR-only concession that has been mentioned here by some BA people?
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
I interpreted it as being able to just generally change a ticket with the local LHR arrangement being a separate entity entirely.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes sorry just to clarify, before 24 hrs you can change for the Ģ35 change fee either on ba.com or by calling and there needs to be reward availability - although if there is availability in Y for an earlier LHR-HAM flight the change can include a downgrade from J including a refund of the additional avios. If there is reward availability already showing on an earlier LHR-HAM flight the OP would be advised to go and change now.

Beyond 24 hours you can only change on the day at LHR by speaking to BA ground staff using the kind of same day change option for rewards I refered to, this is only for exLHR flights. Again you would need reward availability on the earlier flight, and I understand this can be done for a fee of Ģ60.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Travelling MAN-LHR last week on RFS, the agents rebooked us onto an earlier flight FOC. We were both only Silver, so it was extremely kind of them. Perhaps it depends on how it could help them to manage IROPS on that day as there had been diversions and cancellations. There’s no way I would rely on this and certainly not with regards to onward connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.