Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current membership kit contents

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:14 am

Bearing in mind that I've never needed to show my card (of any colour) when checking in or accessing a lounge and that using the luggage tags appears to be tantamount to social suicide, the membership pack is basically a load of tat destined for landfill.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
GGL gets a letter (new or renewal), 1 x GGL card, 2 x Golden tickets (albeit this comes with a Gold, not GGL accompanying letter) , 2 x luggage tags (with straps!)

Arrives in a nice Gold envelope with the GGL crown. Looks quite classy.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
GGL gets a letter (new or renewal), 1 x GGL card, 2 x Golden tickets (albeit this comes with a Gold, not GGL accompanying letter) , 2 x luggage tags (with straps!)

yes, I was going to say I don't think I have got any golden tickets included in my GGL renewal over the last few years. I think the last time I got some it was in a separate specific mailing.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BA6948

As I say, they are inconsistently inconsistent. As for the Gold, they might have assumed I don't need as I am used to rant a lot about their service in Y!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
This is what I got in 2016 when I first reached silver...
Attached Images  
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

Sounds very organised / professional when you set it out like that !
Except ....it’s apparent that not all GGL’s get all that you’ve listed.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: BA; LH; AF
Originally Posted by subject2load

No exalted GGL for me ....just Gold. On recent renewal (couple of weeks ago) I received new card, golden ticket, accompanying letter, and that was about it.

Ref your strap-less luggage tags .... hmm .... odd indeed (though perhaps no great surprise !). Even Oman Air managed to include (quality) straps with their Gold pack.
I did find it a bit odd. Still, maybe they know I don't actually use the strap...
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by RichP

I did find it a bit odd. Still, maybe they know I don't actually use the strap...
Wiser heads use wire ties anyway ... ISTR about £0.89 for 10!

I have a large number of leather ones for sale on eBay when i get round to it, unless anyone here wants to bid!!
Attached Images  
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA; LH; AF
Originally Posted by T8191

I have a large number of leather ones for sale on eBay when i get round to it, unless anyone here wants to bid!!
I use paracord. Just as effective, and allows for a bit of colour to help distinguish my black case from all the others on the luggage carrousel.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:58 pm

Yep - bought a load in the dollar shop in US for use in the office. They often come in handy.

Originally Posted by SteveF
Bearing in mind that I've never needed to show my card (of any colour) when checking in or accessing a lounge and that using the luggage tags appears to be tantamount to social suicide, the membership pack is basically a load of tat destined for landfill.
That's what I thought too....which is why I'm surprised BA still produce them. Still, whatever turns you on I guess.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:49 am

Hi

Do you have a link to the metal wire ties? thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.