Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does a Belavia flight earn TP?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Does a Belavia flight earn TP?

I'm looking at a trip to Belarus early next year, booked through the Finnair website. Another thread I've seen today suggests that the HEL-MSQ hop on a AY flight number but Norra plane would earn tier points, but is the same true for an AY number on Belavia?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stevebintley
I'm looking at a trip to Belarus early next year, booked through the Finnair website. Another thread I've seen today suggests that the HEL-MSQ hop on a AY flight number but Norra plane would earn tier points, but is the same true for an AY number on Belavia?
I see that there is a AY6601 flight noted as being operated by Belavia? This seems to be an AY codeshare on this route - oneworld marketed but non-oneworld operated flights do not earn avios or TPs (apart from a few minor exceptions).

The Norra flights are a bit different, they are AY prime flights rather than codeshares, there is no Norra flight number. They are AY flights. They are therefore oneworld marketed and operated so earn.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I see that there is a AY6601 flight noted as being operated by Belavia? This seems to be an AY codeshare on this route - oneworld marketed but non-oneworld operated flights do not earn avios or TPs (apart from a few minor exceptions).

The Norra flights are a bit different, they are AY prime flights rather than codeshares, there is no Norra flight number. They are AY flights. They are therefore oneworld marketed and operated so earn.
Thank you. That restricts the schedule a bit but at least I can book the right thing now!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I've gone ahead a booked the AY6601 flight anyway but just thought, does your comment mean that I won't be able to use the lounge in HEL? Or am I ok because it's an AY flight number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.