Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot's perspective: BA flight deck videos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Pilot's perspective: BA flight deck videos

Dave Wallsworth, a BA captain who is an active user of social media, has recently posted up a video of the first 787 to land in JNB, it has a stereo feed to it

It's had quite a lot of traffic already, it is on the BA youtube site.

While I'm here, here are the other videos that I'm aware of, not all by Cpt Wallsworth. The next one is from him and I've posted this elsewhere, however, it's LHR-SFO on a 380 - set to music

Then there is this one of the Funchal landing, which is one of the trickier airports served by BA

And then there is this beautiful one of SEZ / Seychelles over on Facebook
https://en-gb.facebook.com/britishai...7217276030830/
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Dave Wallsworth, a BA captain who is an active user of social media, has recently posted up a video of the first 787 to land in JNB, it has a stereo feed to it

It's had quite a lot of traffic already, it is on the BA youtube site.
posted on the sim outing thread as well by nick.t.davies as Mark was one of the instructors on the first evening - although I fully appreciate only those who were interested in the sims may have seen it there and it therefore had a smaller audience than this standalone thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30454117-post143.html

There is also this YVR approach and landing from Dave from May

and this landing

In fact there are a few other videos on his channel here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvd...J0KGZyTnW_YVlA
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by KARFA
posted on the sim outing thread as well by nick.t.davies as Mark was one of the instructors on the first evening
Oooh - I didn't know he'd been there the first evening. Not that our guy wasn't great - affable, engaging and clearly knowledgeable (had flown at least 3 variants of the queen iirc). But I have had various conversations with Mark in the past online and would have been lovely to meet him in the flesh. Oh well.
Wandered likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Really fancy a trip to Madeira - you've just wet me whistle
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:20 pm

Apologies for the OT since I know it's not BA, but I'm personally a big fan of Christiaan van Heijst on Facebook, because:

1) his photos are just incredible
2) he 'drives' 747s, including 748s
3) he's a cargo pilot, and that's cooler
4) he flies to places where we as BA would never dream of flying to
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
I thought he flew A380s, has he changed fleet?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Really fancy a trip to Madeira - you've just wet me whistle
i went back in March. It’s amazing. Am going again next may

fluffymitten likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
I have followed Captain Dave Wallsworth's reports for some time and find them highly informative with a great sense of humour. Oddly on an A380 flight from MIA-LHR some time ago the Captain onboard introduced himself as "I am sorry it is Captain X X X X and not Dave Wallsworth" I did wonder how many passengers had a wry smile about that introduction
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Best one for me is Guillaume Laffon of Air France. He makes some great cockpit videos.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Banana4321
I thought he flew A380s, has he changed fleet?
The 787 video is a BA production that incorporates some of Capt. Wallworth's video of the A380 run on the same route in the lower right corner (hence the copyright). I think.
Banana4321 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:04 pm

Location: Mainly East but sometimes South and occasionally West
Programs: BA Silver
The video in the lower right corner is from the same 787 flight.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chucko
The 787 video is a BA production that incorporates some of Capt. Wallworth's video of the A380 run on the same route in the lower right corner (hence the copyright). I think.
Dave was a passenger positioning to JNB to bring an A380 home. He was going out as a pax on one but changed to the first B787 flight. So Dave set up the cameras etc but wasn’t on the flight deck. Mark Grigg was our lovely sim pilot and did the landing in the 787.
Wandered likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 13900
Apologies for the OT since I know it's not BA, but I'm personally a big fan of Christiaan van Heijst on Facebook, because:

1) his photos are just incredible
2) he 'drives' 747s, including 748s
3) he's a cargo pilot, and that's cooler
4) he flies to places where we as BA would never dream of flying to
Yes I love his too - really impressive photography.

T
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by nick.t.davies

Dave was a passenger positioning to JNB to bring an A380 home. He was going out as a pax on one but changed to the first B787 flight. So Dave set up the cameras etc but wasn’t on the flight deck. Mark Grigg was our lovely sim pilot and did the landing in the 787.
Thanks for the clarification. I think Capt. Wallsworth has a second career pretty well nailed down.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I really enjoyed the YVR landing. Particularly for seeing 2 youngish First Officers in the cockpit. I’m so used to hearing Capt X with SFO Y and SFO Z, it’s great to see the new blood coming through. Also a good example of CRM, when Capt Dave asks if everyone is happy and there is a pause before the affirmative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.