Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another GGL event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I’d be interested to know the criteria to get invited! I’ve never been invited and I’ve been GGL for years. I thought it was because my address was North West but I’ve relocated to Berks last year soley to get an invite at great cost and personal sacrifice. Still no invite
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I’d be interested to know the criteria to get invited! I’ve never been invited and I’ve been GGL for years. I thought it was because my address was North West but I’ve relocated to Berks last year soley to get an invite at great cost and personal sacrifice. Still no invite

frandrake likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 12:51 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

These events could be a good way of leaking "disinformation". Grease a few regular flyers about forthcoming "enhancements", and it's all over the blogs the following day.

#BAinvesting4U was a good example. Take a few GGLs/bloggers out on a jolly and watch the positive press. Then don't actually implement all the changes, or even remove them after a few months.

Old Nov 23, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
I also got invited, I'm only Gold but I'm collecting tier points (all my travel now is weekly, in full-fare paid F) at a rate of knots, no pun intended, so perhaps this is in recognition? In any case, look forward to seeing you there!
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

What is the security risk?
A lowly Bronze or, God forbids, a SkyTeam Elite attending.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Killian_S
I also got invited, I'm only Gold but I'm collecting tier points (all my travel now is weekly, in full-fare paid F) at a rate of knots, no pun intended, so perhaps this is in recognition? In any case, look forward to seeing you there!
Quite remarkable

Would you be in a position to give us any insight into how this came about?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by frandrake
A lowly Bronze or, God forbids, a SkyTeam Elite attending.
Don’t under play it, it’s far worse than that.

It could be beardie with a clutch of trolly dollies on each arm!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:41 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
These events could be a good way of leaking "disinformation". Grease a few regular flyers about forthcoming "enhancements", and it's all over the blogs the following day.

#BAinvesting4U was a good example. Take a few GGLs/bloggers out on a jolly and watch the positive press. Then don't actually implement all the changes, or even remove them after a few months.
thats a bit unfair. Anyone who’s been to many of these over the years knows to take it all with a pinch of salt until the promises are actually seen on the line. (There’s only a few for whom the ability to get awestruck with a ceo - average tenure 3 years - and a free plane ride over comes that natural scepticism)
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

What is the security risk?
really?
a week where climate change nutters are blocking London roads. Want some at the event too?
key BA management and customers (by their nature) also make a good target for more extreme organisations.

Inappropriate and frankly very very bad form to be posting full event details.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by DFB_london
thats a bit unfair. Anyone who’s been to many of these over the years knows to take it all with a pinch of salt until the promises are actually seen on the line. (There’s only a few for whom the ability to get awestruck with a ceo - average tenure 3 years - and a free plane ride over comes that natural scepticism)
Maybe a bit unfair, but the day after the jolly flight this place and the blogs were full of optimism about how things were going to improve. I guess things have improved a bit, but nothing like what was originally promised.

ISTR Raffles was a bit skeptical about the whole thing...
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
My first invite. Will be attending
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by DFB_london

really?
a week where climate change nutters are blocking London roads. Want some at the event too?
key BA management and customers (by their nature) also make a good target for more extreme organisations.

Inappropriate and frankly very very bad form to be posting full event details.
LOL

I’m not entirely convinced that this forum is necessarily high on their radar. Besides, having previously worked at the same media agency that’s based in those offices and therefore been there on a number of occasions, security is pretty tight, so I think they’ll be fine
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
My first invite too, and am looking to attend - although there is a potential clash with another engagement,..
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MTJ Bound
When I was a CCR holder I got several of these. Due to the birth of my son I became a bog standard GGL this year. While I’m almost back and will likely surpass 6K this year I have not received any invites since I lost the CCR card despite the fact that I’ve driven far more revenue by a pretty significant margin this year vs earlier years.
Bog standards still get invites I have no idea what drives the allocation of invitations though.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Maybe a bit unfair, but the day after the jolly flight this place and the blogs were full of optimism about how things were going to improve. I guess things have improved a bit, but nothing like what was originally promised.

ISTR Raffles was a bit skeptical about the whole thing...
I recall the sceptics on here - proven right so far (new club rolled out by 2023. Doh!). So good on them. A few things have improved but not many are better than where they were before the first Cruz cuts - Club Europe catering now same but instead on a stupidly small tray for example. Flower out of F loos now back. Amazing stuff.

Maybe just maybe a bit of ‘stardust’ from a real CEO will still leave some dazzled beyond common sense at the next event. However I doubt it. The present BA one is not a star CEO the media ever seem to seek positively. You just can’t see him doing the same stuff Keith Williams is now doing when he gets pushed out. Can you imagine a government- even failing Grayling - thinking of Cruz being asked to rethink the railways? (Hold that thought).

In my experience at these events the punters there have careers where they meet high level management types regularly and are nt at all dazzled by talk. (I doubt any would have time to take a plane from Gatwick to Gatwick with rent-a-bloggers even if it was offered).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.