Wiki Posts
Search

API Error or BA IT Again

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
API Error or BA IT Again

I've got a booking to Canada to see the wifes family for Christmas, and I have a weird API message on my screen.

Hello Mr Aidy. Compulsory passenger information is urgently required

We need you to provide more information to permit you to travel to or from the USA. This must be supplied no later than 72 hours before your flight's scheduled departure time, otherwise you may not be allowed to travel
1. When i click on it, it states all info included, but no option for my KTN (if it was actually to the USA)
2. This is a flight to Canada not the US LHR-YYZ which does not go over US airspace

Is it something i should just ignore and blame it on their IT?

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:36 am

Do you have your Canadian ETA? That’s mandatory now just like the US one.

(Airspace is irrelevant by the way.)
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Do you have your Canadian ETA? That’s mandatory now just like the US one.

(Airspace is irrelevant by the way.)
Ive had one for a while valid until 2022, and ive already been to Canada twice already this year and 5 times last year on the same eta.

The wife has a Canadian passport so no issues there
Old Nov 23, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, AVIS Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by aidy
Ive had one for a while valid until 2022, and ive already been to Canada twice already this year and 5 times last year on the same eta.

The wife has a Canadian passport so no issues there
ETA was my guess too. Did you check mark the box in your itinerary asking for valid travel documents and did you also give BA your ETA number? It was mandatory for me for my last trip to the US (January 2018).
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maze13
ETA was my guess too. Did you check mark the box in your itinerary asking for valid travel documents and did you also give BA your ETA number? It was mandatory for me for my last trip to the US (January 2018).
yup and ive never given them my ETA number, and i've been over 12 times on the current ETA on the same passport so never seen that as an issue before.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze, AVIS Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by aidy
yup and ive never given them my ETA number, and i've been over 12 times on the current ETA on the same passport so never seen that as an issue before.
Ok. I might have mixed it up with my actual J1 working VISA for the US. Besides the ETA I don't have any idea.
aidy likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Closing this, there was no issues at all, I was even able to check in using the app.

I leave to BA IT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.