Business travel

Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Business travel

Hi all,

possibly silly question but I used to work externally as a contractor for my current employer which meant I booked all my business travel direct and accrued all TPS/avios as it if it were personal travel.

my company have now hired me direct and insist on Airfare booked via a corp travel agent (CWT), however on my first booking, a relatively insignificant trip to cork, I have added my BAEC deets to their booking ref and adding this to my bookings in my personal BAEC app it cant be found

is this because its part of a corp agreement and I should not expect TPs/avios for business travel anymore or is this just a glitch I need to pursue?

thanks,
TMM
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:58 pm

Sounds like a glitch.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 4:58 pm

On another subject, are you a Zappa fan ?
SoiDog likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks will pursue,

apologies for ignorance dont understand Zappa reference, but no.

TMM
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Try going to the BA website and using the "find a booking" made by a travel agent. Also, check the CWT confirmation for the BA (carrier) booking reference - not the CWT internal reference which is no use to anyone else. Often visible near the flight details and not at the top of the info from the travel agent.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Do BA fly to Cork? If this is an EI flight sold as a BA codeshare then I wonder if this could relate to the problem?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Yeah its EI but I should get (minimal) TPs etc

thanks for info I might be inputting incorrect reference let me check.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
Thanks will pursue,

apologies for ignorance dont understand Zappa reference, but no.

TMM
the muffin man was an amazing Frank Zappa song 👍
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Was the flight sold as a BA flight number or EI?

(I don't think you'd expect to see it in the BA app unless it was sold by BA)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mwp1

the muffin man was an amazing Frank Zappa song 👍
Will look into this, unfortunately my reasons were far more low brow for choosing said pseudonym I.e shrek
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Was the flight sold as a BA flight number or EI?

(I don't think you'd expect to see it in the BA app unless it was sold by BA)
no idea as its been purchased via 3rd party. Its all managed via phone and I did say book via BA however not sure what how they do it directly as dont have visibility, but they did verbally say Ill add your BAEC number to booking?

its not the end of the world if I get nothing, but Ill be travelling on these small hops quite regularly so could add up.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
What is the actual flight number in the booking? BAxxxx or EIxxx. It matters for earning. As does the fare bucket.

Also check in the ‘how many avios and tier points will I earn’ tool on the BA website.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
CWT use several tools as part of their offering to corporate customers but as far as I know all of them do successfully populate the relevent frequent flyer fields in Amadeus with your BAEC number. If that is populated, everything else falls into place. So assuming this is either a glitch or under EI prime numbers (and I suspect CWT would suggest prime as being the cheapest) more generally you should be able to use CWT and see the booking - even before ticketing - in the App and My Executive Club. You could login to My Executive Club and then try manually adding the PNR (not CWT's top line PNR, the PNR shown against the flight) to see what comes up. But if it's an EI prime booking on their GDS, then there may not be anything for the App / My Executive Club to find in Amadeus.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I am meant to use CWT for all of my work bookings - most of the time they are cheaper with our corporate deal and I have never had a problem with my BAEC number appearing in the bookings. Have you completed "My Travel Profile" fully?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.