Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I get POUG on a multiple airline booking?

Old Nov 22, 18, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Hello,
I am flying LHR-GRU-FOR and return. The LHR-GRU segment is operated by BA whilst the GRU-FOR is with LATAMbr. If I try to upgrade via ba.com it says that it has to be done by phone.
Can I get POUG offer on the ba operated segments?
Thank you
Old Nov 22, 18, 9:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No, that won't be possible I'm afraid. POUGs are basically only available on the most simple and straightforward of single and return tickets. You can only upgrade by paying the full fare difference and any change fee, or wait until you get to the airport for AUP availability.

Welcome to Flyertalk ciaopeps, and welcome to the BA Forum, thanks for joining us with us and I would hope that we will see more of you in the future.
ciaopeps likes this.
Old Nov 23, 18, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thank you!!! I'll for the AUP. Finger crossed!
Old Nov 24, 18, 12:28 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat
Just some datapoint to share. I had a single airline booking (on BA obviously) covering 4 legs in total. No upgrade offer whatsoever, not POUG nor AUP.
Old Nov 24, 18, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by SLGO View Post
Just some datapoint to share. I had a single airline booking (on BA obviously) covering 4 legs in total. No upgrade offer whatsoever, not POUG nor AUP.
I have had 4 leg booking on BA with no POUG but have been able to AUP by just asking for a price...maybe there was no airport upgrades left/available for your flight
Old Nov 24, 18, 3:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
With AUPs departing from the UK you need to be a bit proactive since though they are flagged up in the top right corner on FLY, not all agents dig into that when dealing with someone at check-in. And if HBO you'll miss this altogether unless the App shows something. From out-stations, particularly from the USA, there is often a very specific push to get a certain number of AUPs sold, so agents - including lounge agents - may go out of their way to make sure you know about the option.