Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time upstairs on a 747

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hahaandy1
Had a great experience for my first time on the upper deck today (and first time ever on a 747!) Was in 62K on BA217 from LHR to IAD. Great seat, great service and a quick flight, only ruined by the awful immigration queue at IAD!!
It remains one of the gems of flying, regardless of airline, and as it happens BA has an excellent product with UD 747. I know it's not your first post to FT, but welcome to the BA forum hahaandy1 and I hope we will see more of you in the future.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:04 am

We travelled LHR to BOS last month on the 747 UD and am very glad I trawled this forum (and its collective wisdom) and stalked the Expert Flyer seat maps and on MMB. I was determined to get two seats (preferably together) on the UD for this flight and changed the seat allocations several times (Bronze so only from 7 days out), ending up with 64J/K. Very happy with the experience!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Very happy to find this thread.

I have my first UD experience coming up in a few weeks on BA747 from PHL-LHR. I was trying to use miles to upgrade to F (From paid J)with no luck. I was concerned that i hear so much negative about BA J. Now i feel quite a bit better. I do have 64K both ways.
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Wanted to come back and say thanks to the folks on this thread.

Just got back from my trip, had 64K both ways - it was great, slept 5 hours PHL --> LHR after a very late departure (DEC 6th). Had a wonderful seat opponent as well in 64J

Return was uneventful - other than that CW went out light, there was no one in 64J, as well a few other empties upstairs.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is there any difference between 62k and 62A?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Identical except for being mirror images. You can have window on your left and cabin on your right, or vice versa.

Edit: Sorry, that applies to 64A/K.

Last edited by fripperies; Dec 17, 2018 at 4:37 am Reason: mis-read question
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

62K has crew seats facing it (just) which block out views of the cabin. 62A you can just about see 63B. I prefer 62K as a consequence.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
62K has crew seats facing it (just) which block out views of the cabin. 62A you can just about see 63B. I prefer 62K as a consequence.
Thank you. Both are Exit row seats right?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by FrogTastic
Thank you. Both are Exit row seats right?
Yes, you can get out of those without bothering anyone. It's also nice if you are tall and want to let your feet/legs stretch out when you sleep.
FrogTastic likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Reading this thread with interest, as I have my first UD 747 flight on Friday of this week (LHR-DXB). Managed to get 62A out and 63B back. Looking forward to it!
T8191 and FrogTastic like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Looking forward to my first UD experience on Thursday flying from LAX to LHR. My wife has 63A and I’m in 63B. Still crossing my fingers for CIVO or CIVT as the flight is still showing as a Mid-J. Looks like all the other Mid-J flight a few days either side have recently flipped back to Hi-J birds after some aircraft changes mid year.

Ipad is bursting at the seams with content if not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.