Price difference BA to Iberia

Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Price difference BA to Iberia

So why would return flights next May in CE to Malaga be £618 on BA and £462 on Iberia and it says operated by BA? We normally add car hire , any disadvantages to booking on Iberia? We are Silver btw. Is there a sale on it says Business promotional? Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
If you book flight and car together on the Iberia website it will be booked through BA Holidays anyway. There is no real difference to booking via the BA website except it is often cheaper. If your flight has an IB flight number, you will not be able to select seats via the IB booking. But add your BAEC number when you book and within a few days you will have the booking show up in your BAEC app / account and will then be able to select seats in the normal way. Only other difference is that if you need to contact them after you book, you have to call an Iberia number (UK).

Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, is the car selection still the same with Avis? Can I book seats as soon as normal being Silver? Do they take deposit only now like BA holidays?
Only other thought would BA price match if I called them?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
You can't price match using the BA offer as the flight numbers are different, and they won't discount on the phone. It's quite common to have differences one way or another between codeshares.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks, one Important question I forgot, how do i ensure Tier points and Avios are credited to my account?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
Ok thanks, one Important question I forgot, how do i ensure Tier points and Avios are credited to my account?
Add your BAEC number when booking, there is a place to select it. If for any reason this doesn't happen, you can use the Finnair manage my booking with the IB booking ref (PNR) to add it.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Do be aware that flights on BA metal booked on IB as codeshares rarely (never IME) credit automatically to BAEC, even with your BAEC number in the booking. You’re almost certain to have to submit an online claim a week later using the IB e-ticket number (starting 075), but the Avios and TP should then credit within a couple of days.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Do be aware that flights on BA metal booked on IB as codeshares rarely (never IME) credit automatically to BAEC, even with your BAEC number in the booking. You’re almost certain to have to submit an online claim a week later using the IB e-ticket number (starting 075), but the Avios and TP should then credit within a couple of days.
That's my experience as well, although at least the TP's and Avios get credited quickly once the claim is submitted, unlike, say, RJ.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, can't remember if I asked about seats. Can I do this on the Iberia website during the booking process as usual, says IB flight number but operated by BA and I can see where to enter my BAEC number, it will be a flight + car booking btw? Would prefer not to have to call. Thanks
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
You will have to do this on BA.com using the BA PNR and not the Iberia reference. You cannot select seats on Iberia.com if the flight is BA operated.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Ok thanks, I'll come back to you if I don't understand what the BA PNR is, is it the ticket number 125-..... or the booking reference?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:41 pm

Ok thanks, I'll come back to you if I don't understand what the BA PNR is, is it the ticket number 125-..... or the booking reference?
booking reference
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
PNR. I believe it stands for personal number reference...but I could be making that up but it’s definitely stands for booking reference. Ticket numbers are 125 as you said.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, presume the one generated on the eticket but by Iberia, didn't realise both systems would recognise both!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thanks, presume the one generated on the eticket but by Iberia, didn't realise both systems would recognise both!
125 are BA ticket numbers, others will tell you what IN tickets start with

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.