Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to accrue 70 Tier Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Agree 100%. If you have to do TP runs to get higher status you probably don't need it.
I think it depends. If you are 70TP away from Gold it might be worth to do a small run to enjoy the benefits, especially if you travel a lot in ET.

Back to the OP, definitely not worth it. As others have said, fask track and lounge access are the two key benefits that make the difference and you get neither with Bronze, so why bother? Assuming you do not travel much, access to biz class checkin and free seat selection is not worth the money and time needed to accrue the 70TP IMO.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Agree 100%. If you have to do TP runs to get higher status you probably don't need it.
Depends on the target and the missing TP. 70TP is nearly 1/4 to Bronze. Considering the Bronze benefits, it's not going to be worth it. If 70TP are missing to renew Silver, Gold, GGL, etc., then a TP is certainly worth a consideration as you pretty much made it to the threshold.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by JohnIreland
It's always been 24 hours afaik.
Yes, you're right there - my error. The change was actually scrapping the ability to purchase MCE seats at 50% discount. I don't have any experience of selecting MCE at 24 hours preflight but I think I would be reluctant to rely on it particularly for multiple seats.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you who offered advice. The main thrust of the replies is that it isn't worth doing a specific trip for Bronze and, having looked at the benefits, I agree. Yet another stage in my FT learning curve!
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
However somebody with an economy only business travel policy may well struggle to get silver, still travel a fair amount & would really benefit from it.
Originally Posted by frandrake
I think it depends. If you are 70TP away from Gold it might be worth to do a small run to enjoy the benefits, especially if you travel a lot in ET.

That's fair but, to clarify, my point was in relation to the point about Silver being the 'sweet spot'. The relatively small TP differential between Bronze and Silver provides a worthwhile return in terms of additional benefits whereas the hike to Gold from Silver is very significant and for many provides only marginal returns. Of course, that will not be a hard and fast all-embracing rule.
frandrake likes this.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Nov 20, 2018 at 8:59 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
That's fair but, to clarify, my point was in relation to the point about Silver being the 'sweet spot'. The relatively small TP differential between Bronze and Gold provides a worthwhile return in terms of additional benefits whereas the hike to Gold from Silver is very significant and for many provides only marginal returns. Of course, that will not be a hard and fast all-embracing rule.
I don't consider 300 (Bronze) to 1500 (Gold) a small TP differential?
Blueboys999 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by fluffymitten
I don't consider 300 (Bronze) to 1500 (Gold) a small TP differential?
Indeed!

Post amended
fluffymitten likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.