Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First Class on the B744- new cabin upgrades? LHR- JFK

Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Just wondered if anyone has done LHR-JFK on B744 recently and knows if the First cabin has been upgraded? Last time I flew this aircraft in First was about 5 years ago and the chair was falling to pieces (literally, the armrest fell off).

I am travelling in January and only just noticed the aircraft type, so now I'm concerned!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Nope, same furniture!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Nope - most likely five years ago you were unlucky and got "Old First" there's now New (!) First on all BA equipment
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk sophiarm, and welcome to the BA forum. It's good to see you here, and I hope we will see more of you in the future.

If your previous First flight involved a cabin with a lot of wood effects in the cabin, for example the inseat table, somewhat reminiscent of Rover cars, then that was Old First and has long gone from the fleet. Olf First also didn't have a direct power supply, you had to use an Empower adapter - all of First now has conventional power sockets. Moreover the SuperJ 747s - with 86 seats in Club World, have the improved large screen IFE. And JFK normally gets these aircraft, and in my experience the hardware is in good condition.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Nope - most likely five years ago you were unlucky and got "Old First" there's now New (!) First on all BA equipment
"New" being 8 years old :-)
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Weebl
"New" being 8 years old :-)
** up to 8 years - the roll out took four years
tynmar likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I think BA has upgraded the duvets, pillows etc in CW?, did they not?

Have they done the same thing in first?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.