Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No fast track in Valencia for BA business and BAEC Gold/ Emerald

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, HH Diamond, BA, FB

Just checked in at Valencia on the BA2795 asked at the Desk about fast track security the check in was not sure but I tried and after scanning pass they said no. However, Iberia passengers do get through fast track........so much for IAG and BA valuing customers........NOT. Even Ryanair passenger could buy fast track why fly BA club Europe?
BA you know how to turn off frequent business travellers .....World Leading in this area!!!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And, um, how long did Slow Track take you? That said, Fast Lane, as they call it there, should be OK for Club Europe from my recollection, the words Club Europe on the boarding pass are unhelpful, but it you say you are travelling business they should let you through.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:02 am
Original Poster

There are 7 rows of club on the flight, and full so business definitely used. The slow lane was very busy due to the Ryanair and EasyJet travellers. The security definitely said if I had Iberia status I could use fast track, not BA status or business class. Leads back to the question what is the benefit of BA Club Europe if you are treated as the same as bag only economy class?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondSE1
... if you are treated as the same as bag only economy class?
Are you really treated the same? Club Europe comes with more than just fast track security. More generous baggage allowance, complimentary food and beverages, no middle seats, lounge acmes, priority boarding, priority check-in, more Avios/TP, etc.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I use this an Alicante constantly - VLC when the fares out of ALC are ridiculous. The same applies there. VLC has one flight per day and not every day at that. It seems as though this facility is available for some airlines and not others. Frankly my issue at VLC is not Fast track as I always arrive way before time - mine is the off-handed and complacent ground staff. Boarding is a mess and the Lounge is, frankly a disgrace. In both cases, I suspect that BA is being taken for a ride and is paying for services that are not provided to passengers ( there was not a crumb of food in the VIP Lounge although three were lots of empty plates).

Actually I will ask about whether Iberia get Fast Track at ALC when I go through this week.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
From personal experience in Spanish airports, fast track usually isn't much faster as they only have one line opened whereas regular has many.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:05 am
Original Poster

As hand baggage only, OneWorld Emerald the lounge is available any way. Business was full and economy half empty. Club Europe is food and a drink cheaper to buy if fast track not available.
BA is devaluing their Club Europe option if already high status
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:10 am
Original Poster

The lounge still had breakfast food as the flight was at 12-30 boarding 11-45. Cereals, yoghurt, sandwiches, Cava Red and White Wine, Coffee, sweets. Free WiFi and good seat availability so the lounge in Valencia today was fine. Also no-one at the desk so walked straight in!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
It all depends if BA is prepared to pay for the service or not. BA must have decided that at this airport it is not value for money.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:39 am
Suspended

I’d rather fly IB/ Air Nostrum to MAD and then to LON, often the same price and more TPs in J.
makeitthisfar likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondSE1
As hand baggage only, OneWorld Emerald the lounge is available any way. Business was full and economy half empty. Club Europe is food and a drink cheaper to buy if fast track not available. BA is devaluing their Club Europe option if already high status
I'm not sure what you expected from Club Europe. CE doesn't come with a "cabin will be empty" guaranty. And I'm sure that you were aware that lounge access, increased baggage allowance, fast track, priority boarding/check-in, etc. were already available to you as OWE at the time of booking.

In any case, fast track security isn't the defining element of CE. BA doesn't even advertise it in the CE description. (Only "Fast track security at London airports" is advertised).

Last edited by WorldLux; Nov 18, 2018 at 9:50 am
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Kaasschaaf
From personal experience in Spanish airports, fast track usually isn't much faster as they only have one line opened whereas regular has many.
exception to that is Barcelona where fasttrack works exceptionally well!
Sealink likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I recently flew HEL-LHR in CE and fast track there was not granted either. The airport staff encouraged me to complain to BA as they said it was one of the very few airlines that refused to pay fast track for their business class and status customers. I did not write and complain as I regard it as a futile waste of my time.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Silver
Moved to ALC a year ago and have flown about every 3 weeks in J back to the UK via LGW direct or to LHR via MAD. You do not get any fast track at ALC. Have had a chat with the Fast Track person and BA is "not on the list". Hope you have better luck than I have had.

As for the lounge it's run by AENA and it's worthless. To be honest, I'd rather get a voucher to one of the food outlets.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:07 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by richardwft
I’d rather fly IB/ Air Nostrum to MAD and then to LON, often the same price and more TPs in J.
It's usually dearer albeit you get more TPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.