Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Poor service recovery or just do I expect too much of CS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poor service recovery or just do I expect too much of CS?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, MM Senator, FB Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
2 months ago, PEK - LHR, F fare, no IFE for the whole journey due to a screen problem (and both F and J were full), got 15K compensation automatically. It really annoyed me that IFE did not work, especially you were supposed to stay awake to min jet lag impact later! i ended up with about 15 magzines and 5 different newspapers given by the crew. Life is too short and it is not worth the energy to fight for more.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by richardwft
25000 Avios should be the minimum in F, but we generally know that no customer is valued. It’s a hard nosed business now from senior management. Thankfully you can come into contact with some excellent employees.
Why? The IFE offering is the same in all cabins - any problem equally affects an economy class passenger as a 1st class passenger

Compensation should be related to the problem itself
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Why?....
First must be excellent, if it isn’t, 25k Avios should be automatically issued.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Why? The IFE offering is the same in all cabins - any problem equally affects an economy class passenger as a 1st class passenger

But compensation should also take account of the nature of the booked facility, and not only the core problem.

So ..... if, for example, I had just checked into a hotel, after a long tiring day, and promptly discover that there is no functioning shower in my bathroom (and possibly throughout the hotel), then I would expect any agreed compensation / reimbursement to be very different in the case of a Ł700 5* suite than for a Ł40 Travelodge booking,

In practice, such distinctions are already routinely made in the world of travel. If, say, a protracted technical delay causes an airline to provide o/night accom, it is very common for different quality hotels to be provided to pax in different cabin classes - even though all pax are equally affected by the delay.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat

IFE in F is a different facility to that in Y. You have a noise cancelling headset and larger display for a start. The calculated cost in the ticket of that facility is also larger. Ergo, the failure and compensation is also larger.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I was on a BA plane where the headphones had a terrible crackle, almost to the point of being painful, and at seemingly random times where a slight movement was to be avoided.

Didn't even think to complain. RIP The Miles I Could Have Had
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink
I was on a BA plane where the headphones had a terrible crackle, almost to the point of being painful, and at seemingly random times where a slight movement was to be avoided.

Didn't even think to complain. RIP The Miles I Could Have Had

(
bold added)

If you didn’t ‘think to complain’, then nothing wrong in that. One can only conclude that the issue didn’t trouble you sufficiently to actually merit a complaint.

You’re not exactly under a legal obligation to complain ! I’ve always been of the view that complaints are - as it were - in the eye of the beholder ..... ie. those directly affected.
Sealink likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by richardwft
25000 Avios should be the minimum in F, but we generally know that no customer is valued. It’s a hard nosed business now from senior management. Thankfully you can come into contact with some excellent employees.
You seriously think crackly music should be compensated with a minimum of the equivalent of Ł250?

(EDIT: having seen your response to someone else, I can see the logic behind that! Still personally think it's way more than necessary though)

And please don't take this as a criticism OP, but with musical tastes being so personal, I'm surprised anyone would rely on it being on the IFE so heavily. When I look, I barely find anything I want to listen to!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by 'andad
You may well be right re the 787-10, but if so I wasn't being inaccurate, the FO was. When I visited the flight deck I asked the intervals between boroscoping of the compressor fan blades, he said it was a new 787-10 and thus didn't need it. The other 2 crew didn't contradict him but may have been too polite or too busy. Apologies, no lack of attention to detail intended, just quoting the man who thereafter flew the 787-X.
He’ll have been referring to the new variant of the engine, the Trent 1000 TEN (Thrust, Efficiency and New technology )
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Sealink
This is often resolved with a different set of headsets (or even your own).
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
787-10 clarified

Originally Posted by Boeing77W

He’ll have been referring to the new variant of the engine, the Trent 1000 TEN (Thrust, Efficiency and New technology )
Thank you for that clarification. I'm delighted to learn that the F.O. did know what he was talking about, even if I didn't.

CONFUS, can I have my credibility back now please? (Post 13 above).
Boeing77W likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I would give up complaining further based on my experiences with CS. It simply is a waste of time.
Instead, if you still feel dissatisfied with the 10k, consider alternative flying options in future. The customer shouldn't have to continually chase for what they consider adequate compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.