Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Large number of flights from LCY cancelled today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Large number of flights from LCY cancelled today

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I came in on G-LCYI from AMS in the morning of the 16th and we were delayed by around an hour on arrival and more on departure. They delayed boarding with no more info than ‘the crew is late and we don’t know where they are’. Needless to say that did not please the crew when they arrived as pax blamed them due to the miscommunication.

The captain said LCY was limited to five arrivals per hour due to weather and they delayed boarding so we did not have to sit on the plane for an hour and a half for no reason.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I came in on G-LCYI from AMS in the morning of the 16th and we were delayed by around an hour on arrival and more on departure. They delayed boarding with no more info than ‘the crew is late and we don’t know where they are’. Needless to say that did not please the crew when they arrived as pax blamed them due to the miscommunication.

The captain said LCY was limited to five arrivals per hour due to weather and they delayed boarding so we did not have to sit on the plane for an hour and a half for no reason.
In actual fact the crew were waiting on board the (very cold) aircraft all along
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zappomatic
In actual fact the crew were waiting on board the (very cold) aircraft all along
Umm.. They came walking through the terminal carrying their overnight luggage and boarding through the jet bridge 5 mins before boarding started..?
The place was freezing though, I agree - unbearable.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by ptr120
Could someone with access to Expertflyer kindly look up the reason given for the cancellation of BA3277 from LCY - DUS today? I'm currently in the South lounge at LHR on waitlist for BA946 (which is showing as very delayed) but the lounge staff won't tell me the reason for the cancellation of my LCY flight 'due to data protection'!!!
This sort of thing makes me very annoyed as a (I like to think) competent data protection lawyer. How on earth sharing the reason for the late departure of a flight with a passenger is in any way processing personal data of individuals is beyond me.
ptr120, Kgmm77 and KARFA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.