Search

Barbados lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Barbados lounge

Hi all,

Has anyone got a recent experience of the club lounge in a Barbados? Is it worth eating before we get there or do they have a nice selection for late lunch/early dinner?

Last edited by Etting; Nov 16, 2018 at 6:56 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Please see this from the excellent lounge database in the dashboard

BA Lounge Database | South America and Caribbean
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze (woohoo)
Thanks for pointing me there - I did take a look but last comment on Barbados was from March this year. I was hoping for a more recent experience from someone is at all possible?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Etting
Thanks for pointing me there - I did take a look but last comment on Barbados was from March this year. I was hoping for a more recent experience from someone is at all possible?
Its pretty hopeless.
sandwiches , a small salad thing , nuts , crisps
beer
wine
some sprits
Its often busy with people struggling for somewhere to sit.

Hardly worth it to be honest . If youre hungry I suggest a roti in the Chefette downstairs airside after check in and before security. Its far better than you would immagine. Other than that there is a rum bar over the road on the Concorde side.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC
I was there in September. As sunshinebob says, it's pretty basic, but adequate to get a final Mount Gay and watch the planes land. There were a few sandwiches and crisps etc - all very forgettable. If you're shopping for duty free, prices varied between shops so have a browse before committing.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Hi

Is the normal lounge available to GCHs? Can I guest someone in?

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:04 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
It's pretty basic. I entered using Priority Pass if that gives you any indication. Not used the F lounge there to know if it's any better, but I suspect also disappointing.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt
Flew out of Barbados last Saturday night. Echo the comments above. One point to clarify. When you enter the lounge area, the BA lounge is immediately to the right; the Priority Pass one is further along a short corridor. Neither was great, we had a look at both and slightly preferred the BA one, and there was space available. (We have Priority Pass cards so had the choice.)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
I was there in the BA lounge 16th Jan and, on that day, it was fairly quiet. There was a tureen of hot soup as well as the sandwiches and snacks. Overall a reasonable lounge but dont expect a full meal but enough for grazing.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Private Jet Terminal lounge- worth using?

Flying F from BGI soon and wondered about the benefits or otherwise of using the private jet terminal. I ascertained it is quicker for security and you are driven to the steps of the plane. Anything else worth considering. Thinking not to tell OH about it as a little surprise.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: BA GGL & GFL, EK Platinum
F lounge Barbados

Originally Posted by IntVic
Flying F from BGI soon and wondered about the benefits or otherwise of using the private jet terminal. I ascertained it is quicker for security and you are driven to the steps of the plane. Anything else worth considering. Thinking not to tell OH about it as a little surprise.
the private jet lounge (first class travellers only, not Concorde or Gold Card holders) is small but very good. Not worth arriving too early for, but they bring sandwiches, etc out. There is champagne, newspapers, a TV and the like there.

the security is a breeze and yes they minibus you straight to the steps of the plane.

no duty free available but they will take you to the main terminal if you wish to buy any. If buying local rum though it is cheaper in the local supermarkets.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by IntVic

Yes. Security is fantastic. Checking bags brilliant and you'll have a private car to the airplane steps. Plus they have the rather lovely Mount Gay XO which helps the sadness of leaving the island.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Echo the comments on the F lounge. Security is a breeze, and it is small but a well stocked bar. I got driven over to the main terminal to get another couple of bottles of Mount Gay before leaving.

Very nice and relaxed.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by t4wine
the private jet lounge (first class travellers only, not Concorde or Gold Card holders) is small but very good. Not worth arriving too early for, but they bring sandwiches, etc out. There is champagne, newspapers, a TV and the like there.

the security is a breeze and yes they minibus you straight to the steps of the plane.

no duty free available but they will take you to the main terminal if you wish to buy any. If buying local rum though it is cheaper in the local supermarkets.
Originally Posted by MickV
Yes. Security is fantastic. Checking bags brilliant and you'll have a private car to the airplane steps. Plus they have the rather lovely Mount Gay XO which helps the sadness of leaving the island.
Originally Posted by parklife
Echo the comments on the F lounge. Security is a breeze, and it is small but a well stocked bar. I got driven over to the main terminal to get another couple of bottles of Mount Gay before leaving.

Very nice and relaxed.
Thanks for the comments, we definitely use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.