The most odd things seen in a BA Lounge

Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Grayson Perry or Sir Paul McCartney (looks ridiculous close up after too much work)
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Walking into lounge toilets in both DXB and DOH to find them flooded... due to blokes washing their feet in the sinks

Cultural differences I guess
Fairly normal in a Muslim country where you are meant to wash before prayers. Normally though they have special low sinks for this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Worcester
Fairly normal in a Muslim country where you are meant to wash before prayers. Normally though they have special low sinks for this.
Indeed they should, especially if they want to at least give the illusion of being "international".
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve always wondered why there is a sharps bin in the T5 cubicle toilets (and not one in the main terminal cubicals) and what they think we’re getting up to in there
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by rssfed23
Ive always wondered why there is a sharps bin in the T5 cubicle toilets (and not one in the main terminal cubicals) and what they think were getting up to in there
mostly that insulin stuff.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by rssfed23
Ive always wondered why there is a sharps bin in the T5 cubicle toilets (and not one in the main terminal cubicals) and what they think were getting up to in there
There are many legal reasons to carry sharps; Type I Diabetes springs to mind. Are you sure there are none in the main terminal?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Oxford Thesaurus, for public reference.
Provided specifically for those who reside north of Wallsend in order to comprehend their initial greeting after arrival. Also acts as substitute reading material whilst the Press Reader issues get resolved!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller
Provided specifically for those who reside north of Wallsend in order to comprehend their initial greeting after arrival. Also acts as substitute reading material whilst the Press Reader issues get resolved!

Neverthless, we still appear to be stuck in the 1990s.
wrp96 and TyneTraveller like this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Walking into lounge toilets in both DXB and DOH to find them flooded... due to blokes washing their feet in the sinks

Cultural differences I guess
The flooding, although annoying, is not as bad as walking in and observing said feet in the sink.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
My wife found the Ladies doiing the same ablutions (feet washing in the hand basins) in the lounge in Doha, thought she was in the toilets at Portobello.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
a cheeky wee mouse; GF, LHR 10pm
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
At Heathrow - a clean lounge with clean and newish furniture, and nice toilets
wrp96 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
At Heathrow - a clean lounge with clean and newish furniture, and nice toilets
haha good joke!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
well - BA Execs should take a hard look at the T5 galleries lounges - they're cramped, scruffy, and need of a decent clean and new furniture. The only oasis in a desert is the B gate lounge which remains the best of a bad bunch.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:17 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
...However these pales before the condom that I found in a booth by a settee in an Admirals Lounge (DFW) - shame that it had been used or it could have come in handy one day.

I am not making this up.
Hey, where were we supposed to leave it when we were done???
PUCCI GALORE likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.