The most odd things seen in a BA Lounge

Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:06 am
Original Poster

The most odd things seen in a BA Lounge

In Gatwick club lounge and I kid you not some ladies are on the upper floor using heated tongs to curl their hair. Well I never!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Public grooming is against the etiquette

We'd have been severely told off at school for even attempting to brush our hair anywhere in public, let alone using a curling tong.
FrogTastic, gnomeza and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:10 am
Original Poster

It is a veritable hair Salon. Perhaps they can fit me in for a trim?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Not in the same league as hair maintenance, but yesterday whilst having a brief lounge visit before BA2774 (16:00 LGW - JER) there were two fully grown men - probably father and son and both looked older than me! - playing table football in the kids area!

I will add that there were no kids in there at the time.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:27 am
Original Poster

I too am awaiting departure to Jersey. The fog has decended again and the first flight returned to Gatwick after a few perfect race track holding patterns. Now looking at Jersey runway webcam for improvement before we make our attempt. Some gentlemen have come into the salon now bearing champers. Tongs now appear to be cooling.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
I too am awaiting departure to Jersey. The fog has decended again and the first flight returned to Gatwick after a few perfect race track holding patterns. Now looking at Jersey runway webcam for improvement before we make our attempt. Some gentlemen have come into the salon now bearing champers. Tongs now appear to be cooling.
It looks like yesterday's BA2770 had the same issue too. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba2770

If I'd known there was a hairdressing service installed in GC I'd have headed up there for a haircut!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
At LHR. BA first... people clipping nails.. UGH
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
By far and away the oddest things I have seen have been in Emirates lounges. The BA lounges I frequent tent to be non-eventful affairs. The "craziest" thing I have seen is a woman who put her yellow tag on her large cabin suitcase.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:12 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
A horse with a lamp on its head
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The Oxford Thesaurus, for public reference.
squawk likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by fotographer
At LHR. BA first... people clipping nails.. UGH
You see that so often (both on board and in lounges) that it's no longer unusual, although of course it is very much against the etiquette and pretty horrid!

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
By far and away the oddest things I have seen have been in Emirates lounges. The BA lounges I frequent tent to be non-eventful affairs. The "craziest" thing I have seen is a woman who put her yellow tag on her large cabin suitcase.
Probably half read the tag, i.e. "guaranteed" bit, and forgetting to read the bit that said it had to go under the seat in front of hers
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:37 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
1) The Daily telegraph (A rarity in any BA Lounge)

2). The Woman who came into the FLounge (Gatwick) and proceeded to commence her toilette by taking out a Mum Rollette stick, Readying it, Pulling open her blouse and deoderising her arm pits.

3) The Man BAFlounge (LHR) who, last week, pulled out some device and started trimming the hair in his nostrils.

However these pales before the condom that I found in a booth by a settee in an Admirals Lounge (DFW) - shame that it had been used or it could have come in handy one day.

I am not making this up.
Amelorn, Mordac and TTmex like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:47 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Walking into lounge toilets in both DXB and DOH to find them flooded... due to blokes washing their feet in the sinks

Cultural differences I guess
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Oxford Thesaurus, for public reference.
thats amazing astounding, and beyond comprehension. I'm flabbergasted, gobsmacked and bewildered.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Boris Johnson is probably the oddest thing I have seen

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.