The most odd things seen in a BA Lounge

Old Nov 16, 18, 5:26 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA GGLfL
Posts: 1,267
Grayson Perry or Sir Paul McCartney (looks ridiculous close up after too much work)
Lolbert is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:04 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Brexile in ADB
Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 5,910
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Walking into lounge toilets in both DXB and DOH to find them flooded... due to blokes washing their feet in the sinks

Cultural differences I guess
Fairly normal in a Muslim country where you are meant to wash before prayers. Normally though they have special low sinks for this.
Worcester is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:10 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: LHR
Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
Posts: 371
Originally Posted by Worcester View Post
Fairly normal in a Muslim country where you are meant to wash before prayers. Normally though they have special low sinks for this.
Indeed they should, especially if they want to at least give the illusion of being "international".
frandrake is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:11 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 54
I’ve always wondered why there is a sharps bin in the T5 cubicle toilets (and not one in the main terminal cubicals) and what they think we’re getting up to in there
rssfed23 is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:19 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by rssfed23 View Post
Ive always wondered why there is a sharps bin in the T5 cubicle toilets (and not one in the main terminal cubicals) and what they think were getting up to in there
mostly that insulin stuff.
Gastrocnemius likes this.
midu is offline  
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:24 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: a 30 taxi to LHR
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 663
Originally Posted by rssfed23 View Post
Ive always wondered why there is a sharps bin in the T5 cubicle toilets (and not one in the main terminal cubicals) and what they think were getting up to in there
There are many legal reasons to carry sharps; Type I Diabetes springs to mind. Are you sure there are none in the main terminal?
lavajava is online now  
Old Nov 17, 18, 4:00 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: North East
Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,165
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
The Oxford Thesaurus, for public reference.
Provided specifically for those who reside north of Wallsend in order to comprehend their initial greeting after arrival. Also acts as substitute reading material whilst the Press Reader issues get resolved!
TyneTraveller is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 4:04 am
  #23  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 40,017
Originally Posted by TyneTraveller View Post
Provided specifically for those who reside north of Wallsend in order to comprehend their initial greeting after arrival. Also acts as substitute reading material whilst the Press Reader issues get resolved!


Neverthless, we still appear to be stuck in the 1990s.
wrp96 and TyneTraveller like this.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Nov 17, 18, 4:36 am
  #24  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC/BOS/MSY/AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 15,395
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Walking into lounge toilets in both DXB and DOH to find them flooded... due to blokes washing their feet in the sinks

Cultural differences I guess
The flooding, although annoying, is not as bad as walking in and observing said feet in the sink.
Blumie is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 1:49 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Scotland
Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Gold Elite
Posts: 181
My wife found the Ladies doiing the same ablutions (feet washing in the hand basins) in the lounge in Doha, thought she was in the toilets at Portobello.
BESTEDIFLYER is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 3:10 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Oxford (&Western Isles )
Programs: BAEC GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Posts: 344
a cheeky wee mouse; GF, LHR 10pm
wanderingjock is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 3:43 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Programs: BA executive Club - Silver and Altitude 35K
Posts: 268
At Heathrow - a clean lounge with clean and newish furniture, and nice toilets
wrp96 likes this.
Mikey Mike Mike is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 3:49 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: YLMQ
Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Posts: 659
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike View Post
At Heathrow - a clean lounge with clean and newish furniture, and nice toilets
haha good joke!
Yachtman is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 5:13 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Programs: BA executive Club - Silver and Altitude 35K
Posts: 268
well - BA Execs should take a hard look at the T5 galleries lounges - they're cramped, scruffy, and need of a decent clean and new furniture. The only oasis in a desert is the B gate lounge which remains the best of a bad bunch.
Mikey Mike Mike is offline  
Old Nov 17, 18, 7:17 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 3,533
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE View Post
...However these pales before the condom that I found in a booth by a settee in an Admirals Lounge (DFW) - shame that it had been used or it could have come in handy one day.

I am not making this up.
Hey, where were we supposed to leave it when we were done???
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
roberto99 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread