Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA First from LHR Terminal 3 - How should I prepare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum

Hi all,

I'll be flying BA First for the first time soon. I'll be flying to MIA on the 747. I have already booked a spa treatment at Elemis. During this booking, I figured out that I will be flying from T3 in stead of T5, meaning I won't have access to the Concorde room. (Isn't that what you book BA First for in the first place anyway?). I have booked this flight using the Iberia 9000 avios offer from last summer.

There is an AA, CX and BA First lounge in T3 and CX seems to have the best offerings.

Are there experienced First flyers that would like to help me prepare my BA First experience to be the best?

Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
I always head to the CX lounge now in T3. I only have access to the Business Lounge, but that is much better than the BA offering. So I assume the CX first lounge is excellent as well and I am sure others will be able to confirm this is the case.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You don't need to prepare! Enjoy the lounge offerings at T3 - you won't miss the CCR, it's pleasant enough, but you should enjoy the options available to you at T3. I prefer it now to T5
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Give yourself plenty of time to lounge hop between Cathay, Qantas, BA and AA! The gin bar in the Qantas lounge is very pleasant!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I was in the CX lounge (business only) last week and can concur - it's superb. It was really quiet too.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:12 am

Dont bother with AA - the only decent thing are the showers. BA is usual fare without the LPGS (there is an occasional bottle but rare) and i find the long narrow lounge quite gloomy. Qantas is good for the gin bar downstairs, the upstairs i find a bit too much like a hotel ballroom. Cathay First is def the best lounge and food (although they've recently changed the menu so no more eggs benedict for breakfast which is a total shame).
windscar likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:26 am

The Cathay First lounge is lovely, so definitely head there, you will be well looked after. It's certainly a nicer environment than the Concorde Room, the only downside is that they don't serve LGPS, but at least you'll be able to enjoy that on board.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
With our inaugural T3 departure next Feb (BA, LHR-PHX, Club World), I assume similar advice applies ... head for the CX Lounge?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

yes it is.

will be doing that in 2.5 weeks when I am off to bcn enroute to hkg

regards

tbs
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Cathay lounges all the way - Cathay First is lovely and quiet - it's a little under-stated and less visually impressive (very classy though) but I actually find it more relaxing than the Concorde Room. The food in the sit-down dining area is great - especially if you are there over breakfast/brunch the Oriental dim sum options are really good if you like that sort of thing

BA need to add a First Wing equivalent at T3 to complete the experience. But I don't think the lack of CCR is really a major downgrade on the First experience if you head to the Cathay lounge rather than the BA one.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by Kaasschaaf

Are there experienced First flyers that would like to help me prepare my BA First experience to be the best?
My take:

CX: Best overall and best for food (also best for showering, should you plan to do so)
QF: Best for cocktails and lounging
BA: Best for wine selection
AA: Only good to do the passport check in case you have done OLCI

I leave up to you to choose in which order to experience them.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:06 am

I agree that CX is the place to go - check out the business lounge as well as the F lounge there.

I happen to like the AA lounge too unlike most everybody - it has great broadband, Portlebay popcorn and big jars of sweeties with takeaway bags . So I'll usually dine in CX and then tootle over to AA to stock up for the flight.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booze aside, I’d argue that you get a better lounge experience in T3 from CX and QF than you do from the CCR! The CX F lounge - even when busy - is a calmer experience with better food and service. Despite only being a J lounge I think QF do an excellent job and it’s a fine place to grab and drink and relax.

Don’t bother with the BA lounge (treatments aside) or AA.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I am well advised by the community, as usual. Thanks! ^

Just to clarify ... We're BA Gold, flying in CW. Does that still get access to the CX First lounge? Must check the Dashboard! Ah, BA Gold/OWE has access to OW First Lounges.

Last edited by T8191; Nov 16, 2018 at 4:03 am
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was in the CX First twice this week. Great food & service. You also have views of 27L and Taxiway R.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.