Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gran Canaria Club Europe Bag Drop Timing...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with this. We're travelling tomorrow afternoon back to Heathrow from Las Palmas and wondered at what time we can do a CE bag drop-off. Flight is at 15:40 and as we'll have checked out of our hotel, we'd rather spend the time in the lounge than hanging around in Departures waiting for a desk to open.

Thanks in anticipation...
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC
It'll probably be somewhere between 2.5 and 2 hours before departure. Might as well check out, grab some lunch, then head to the airport.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It will say in MMB what time check-in opens. You can generally rely on 2 hours before departure but as this is an outpost with contract staff you can be certain they won't be open earlier than they are paid to open it from!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Originally Posted by no2blues
I'm hoping someone might be able to help with this. We're travelling tomorrow afternoon back to Heathrow from Las Palmas and wondered at what time we can do a CE bag drop-off. Flight is at 15:40 and as we'll have checked out of our hotel, we'd rather spend the time in the lounge than hanging around in Departures waiting for a desk to open.

Thanks in anticipation...
CE queue can be longer and slower than the ET queue so the later you get there the less time you need to wait. Not much to do after you get through security either. In recent trips I've arrived at check in just over 1 hour before departure and that worked best.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks guys.. a smidgen over two hours it was. They had two staff doing Club Europe so were through fairly quickly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.