Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Sorry, there's a problem with our systems."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Trying to 'book & upgrade' seats (WT+ to CW) on LHR to CPT return for Oct '19. Seats are shown as available and selection turns green, but hitting 'continue' results in this:

Error

• Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later
Selecting 'book with Avios' instead works fine, but I need the tier points to retain status.

I've tried different PCs, different browsers, different BAEC accounts, and cleared the cache. Phew.

Any thoughts, anyone?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I would phone and ask for the phone fee to be waived as the web site doesn’t work.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

A belated welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Postdoc and thanks for joining us here.

One of 2 ways I usually do this is if I see availability is call up and do it in one go or book the WTP flights and immediately call up but that leaves the seats available to be potentially snapped up in the interim period. I always stick with the former as a rule.

Sometimes too by doing it online on a dummy booking it can show a huge fare discrepancy UuA by trying to do it online and can be caused by DIF issues (Dual Inventory Fares) and more on that here.

Dual Inventory Fares - Is there an idiot's guide anywhere?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PETER01
A belated welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Postdoc and thanks for joining us here.

One of 2 ways I usually do this is if I see availability is call up and do it in one go or book the WTP flights and immediately call up but that leaves the seats available to be potentially snapped up in the interim period. I always stick with the former as a rule.
Thanks, PETER01. Does this mean that it's a website problem that won't be fixed?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
BA has made some background changes which are causing problems. I'm getting the same thing - have been for days - since the new design deployment.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Usual BA IT snafus. Just call it in. Welcome to FT!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by fruitcage
I would phone and ask for the phone fee to be waived as the web site doesn’t work.
Phone fee??
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Phone fee??
BA charge a fee to book by phone, £5 from memory, presumably to drive traffic to their website which is cheaper for them.

However, if there is a fare that you should be able to book online but cannot do so due to problems with their systems, they agree to waive that fee. I'm not sure if that's a formal promise or just a convention - one of the experts will know.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think it's more than £5, but I've never been charged where IT made something impossible.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think it's more than £5, but I've never been charged where IT made something impossible.
You're correct, I looked it up and it's £10 it seems... so £5 each way is what I'll claim to have been thinking

I didn't realise there was a £20 fee to purchase at an airport ticket office!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:27 am

I have been trying for the past 24 hours to create a British Airways account and I get this error every time. Starting to get really annoyed with this.
rt23456p likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Sep 3, 2023 at 11:10 pm Reason: Hidden expletive
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:26 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by churning
I have been trying for the past 24 hours to create a British Airways account and I get this error every F*ing time. Starting to get really annoyed with this.
Same. I think the entire system to create a new Exec Club account is down and it has been like this for days. I have seen others complaining online, too. Crazy.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by goldelite8
Same. I think the entire system to create a new Exec Club account is down and it has been like this for days. I have seen others complaining online, too. Crazy.
Appreciate you saying that, I was getting real frustrated. I tried multiple browsers, machines, emails, everything.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Silver
Cheers,

I got the same problem while trying to upgrade my next flight. Just checked availability - there might be 6 upgrades available. I'm trying since Friday - using different browsers on a Mac and iPhone.

Someone has a new idea or a solution?

thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.