Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Seems unclear who funded it.
On rereading the OP, I can see your point. The OP was not exactly a model of proper syntax and punctuation!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Giggleswick
Note that parents did not pay for F, but that son found a cheap upgrade from CW and paid for it, presumably out of his own funds. How cheap could that have been, and how much spare change do 15-year olds have these days? Wow.
J->F upgrade would be at least £500 probably? I'm not sure many 15 year old kids would have this kind of money sitting around and want to spend it on a flight upgrade?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
but I found a cheap upgrade to first so decided to do it
One could surmise “Rich Kid” but disconsonant with parents in the back of the bus.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Is that right? On a recent trip back from DXB, I sat in front of 3 children that were all under 12 who were in WT while their parents were in CW. It seemed a bit odd to me, especially as the parents didn't check on them much at all.
I've never understood parents who pay for J and then abandon their kids in the cheap seats - we flew London / Brisbane in the summer and the 12yr old and his much older sister (as in has left home) flew in J with us.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by dajdavies
I've never understood parents who pay for J and then abandon their kids in the cheap seats - we flew London / Brisbane in the summer and the 12yr old and his much older sister (as in has left home) flew in J with us.
I'd imagine family finances play a lot into it. I don't see it being too controversial if the parents fly in J and put the kids further back if they are mature/well behaved enough (obviously some parents don't make that judgement and/or don't care). My family all put on headphones/watch movies when we fly. Makes no substantial difference if we are together.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Crofton138
J->F upgrade would be at least £500 probably? I'm not sure many 15 year old kids would have this kind of money sitting around and want to spend it on a flight upgrade?

well when i mowed lawns as a kid to pay for the nintendo my parents would never buy me...we all have our own priorities at that age

as others have said, it will depend how busy the lounge is, and how nice/accommodating the agents are at the time you go to the lounge, but being nice and explaining the ask i'd think would get you in.

before i was GGL, i was in F and my parents in club (bought tix separately and i didnt intend to fly same flight as them) and even as a grouch 35yo at the time, the agents had no problem letting me and both parents in since i pleaded "but we never ever get to travel together!"
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
This thread is surely a wind up

The prose of the OP is not that of a 15 year old !

And as Pucci said ‘odd’ is an understatement!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:23 pm

I've never met a 15,yo that described him / herself as a child. It is odd.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, the thread is paused for moderator review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.