Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
@PUCCI GALORE, quite extraordinary I’d say. In your long and illustrious career, you probably never saw anything like this!
Indeed, Dearest, quite extraordinary. Indeed, I did not - mostly it was Mama or Papa up the front and the children in the back. Odd that.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:32 am

Wow, I wish I had your parents when I was growing up. I am 6'2" and have never experienced any real problem with legroom on long haul Y. I am probably just a bit of a d*ck, but if I had kids I would never in a million years upgrade my child over myself!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Wow, I wish I had your parents when I was growing up. I am 6'2" and have never experienced any real problem with legroom on long haul Y. I am probably just a bit of a d*ck, but if I had kids I would never in a million years upgrade my child over myself!
I wonder what I am? Myself and 2 teenage kids are all 6' 3". On an upcoming flight the 2 kids and my wife are down the back while I am alone in WT+.
In my partial defense, I upgraded myself (I'm on my own ticket) with Avios. Economy is also all rows of 3, so one of us would be split anyway. Above all else, I believe the kids need to put in their time down the back .
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
BA's minimum age for unaccompanied travel is 14. OP is 15. Thus, no issue.

However, if he were too young to travel alone, a parent or other responsible adult would need to be seated in the same cabin.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jah718
Not even if the kid is 7'2" and you're planning to be supported in old age by the kid's pro basketball career?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Often1
BA's minimum age for unaccompanied travel is 14. OP is 15. Thus, no issue.

However, if he were too young to travel alone, a parent or other responsible adult would need to be seated in the same cabin.
Is that right? On a recent trip back from DXB, I sat in front of 3 children that were all under 12 who were in WT while their parents were in CW. It seemed a bit odd to me, especially as the parents didn't check on them much at all.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Is that right? On a recent trip back from DXB, I sat in front of 3 children that were all under 12 who were in WT while their parents were in CW. It seemed a bit odd to me, especially as the parents didn't check on them much at all.
That might be because the children didn't want them to check on them
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
As I said upthread, BA policy is that kids can sit in a different cabin to adults from the age of 5.

Bottom of this page: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...travel/seating
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
That might be because the children didn't want them to check on them
I have never ever been able to comprehend how or why parents would want to travel other than with their children - irrespective of age. We called them family outing or family holidays. I was an adorable child and the World ruined me, but that notwithstanding I really prefered lemonade to Champagne back then. I liked tonic as my tastes always veered to the exotic but I had yet to discover Gin. My Mum and Dad would no more have left Rich Bltch or me back in Economy whilst they festered in First than she would have allowed me to fan dance down the aisle of the aeroplane (my Mother had opinions about Air Hostesses and Models along the lines of "no better than they should be" back then but that is OMNI territory).

Indeed, have I left my Him Indoors back in one class while I schmoozed in another?( Fear born of 32 years of marriage would ensure that such thoughts have never entered his head.). No, for all the same reasons. We go away together and therefore we stay together.
Tobias-UK and argonath like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Internet Brands Terms of Use
Unless expressly permitted by supplemental terms, our sites and services are intended for general audiences 18 years of age and older, and access or use by anyone younger is not authorized.
[JoyKillerMode]
Hmm, shouldn't the Mods suspend the OP for another three years or so?
[/JoyKillerMode]
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by timol
[JoyKillerMode]
Hmm, shouldn't the Mods suspend the OP for another three years or so?
[/JoyKillerMode]
I would vote OP stays for pulling this off. That said, if my child is in J or F then so am I. I may concede to my wife up front and I am not but that also hasn’t happened yet.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
We did experience a funny one on QF from CNS to BNE, where QF decided to op up the kids (10 & 13) while we sat in the back. Given they were in row 3 and we were in row 4 so could monitor if there was an issue or safety concern. The kids loved it. They are experienced flyers.

that said, I could not contemplate buying F for my kids while I sat in Y. The only scenario it might happen was if I needed the TPS and was avios rich, then I might buy a lower cabin and use avios for a higher if that was all that was available. But I surely would be swapping seats on boarding. Oooops I mean graciously offering the F seat to my wife :-)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Wow, I certainly wish that I had your parents! If it were me, I would try to take them both in, and if not, (as many others have suggested) give your dad your boarding pass and try to let them enjoy the lounge instead.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Originally Posted by Jamieboy23
They paid for me to go club world ( I’m 6,3 So it’s uncomfortable in economy) but I found a cheap upgrade to first so decided to do it and thanks for the reply
Note that parents did not pay for F, but that son found a cheap upgrade from CW and paid for it, presumably out of his own funds. How cheap could that have been, and how much spare change do 15-year olds have these days? Wow.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Giggleswick
Note that parents did not pay for F, but that son found a cheap upgrade from CW and paid for it, presumably out of his own funds. How cheap could that have been, and how much spare change do 15-year olds have these days? Wow.
Seems unclear who funded it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.