Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
15yo can't sit in exit rows
I thought they could? The CAA allows it and I think BA follows their requirements on this point.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA
Well done on your F positioning!

Minor point, but ticketed in F will allow you and guest into the CCR which you might prefer. Just pointing out as no one else seems to have said so.

Lastly, the other alternative is to find someone else flying in F (or with status) on the same day as you. They might generously offer to guest the remaining parent in for you. It’s against forum policy to encourage this, but on this occasion I might suggest searching the forum for a strategy on how to achieve this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
15yo can't sit in exit rows
The age limit for exit rows is 12. 15 is FAA regulations.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by malkie
Lastly, the other alternative is to find someone else flying in F (or with status) on the same day as you. They might generously offer to guest the remaining parent in for you. It’s against forum policy to encourage this, but on this occasion I might suggest searching the forum for a strategy on how to achieve this.
There is, I recall, a lounge meet-up/guesting website that allows you to put in your details and see who else is flying at the same time and willing to guest you in. (Someone less forgetful will know the name).

There are also threads here dealing with the trials and tribulations of asking other pax for their guest space. The outcome was inconclusive as to whether it is appropriate or not so will be down to your chutzpah and/or judgement!

Another idea might be to send an email to “First First” (link on the BA website), outline the circumstances (and that you know only one guest is allowed) but ask whether they could put a note on your file for the lounge staff to consider a second guest depending on capacity? Who knows...worth a try.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Minimum age to travel alone on BA is 14.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...avelling-alone
That must have gone up a bit over the years. I remember being considerably younger than that tootling off to LAX when I was a kid, and while it was on a mix of carriers, some flights would have been BA.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by Pascoe
That must have gone up a bit over the years. I remember being considerably younger than that tootling off to LAX when I was a kid, and while it was on a mix of carriers, some flights would have been BA.
I believe BA have enhanced away the chaperoning service.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch

Many fond memories of that, and the JJC. As well as the TWA equivalent (TWA Wings or something like that?)
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think the OP has his parents wrapped around his finger! There's absolutely no chance I'd be sitting in the back with the children sitting up front!

6'3" is reasonably tall but certainly doesn't make travelling in Y or W out of bounds.

Last edited by Crofton138; Nov 15, 2018 at 4:18 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: MPC, OneWorld, 1865 Voyager, Hyatt, Horizon Club
I didn't realise they would put Master on it, when I was a minor it was still Mr. I believe. But I have tried giving up boarding passes before and it worked, but with "Master" on it that might be more difficult.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch

Was that the old "skyflyers club" with the Dilbert cartoon - I used to love that.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
I thought a booking for a 15 yo must always include an adult?
If you book using Avios, I don’t think she matters. You can always make a booking even without an adult IIRC.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Akoz
Was that the old "skyflyers club" with the Dilbert cartoon - I used to love that.
Very fallble memory at work here, but I think that Dilbert may have pre-dated the "Skyflyers" branding.
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Originally Posted by KARFA
I thought a booking for a 15 yo must always include an adult?
If you book using Avios, I don’t think she matters. You can always make a booking even without an adult IIRC.
I wonder whether KARFA's point is that a 15yo is by definition an "adult" for booking/ticketing purposes - except for APD, of course, if travelling in economy.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Crofton138
I think the OP has his parents wrapped around his finger! There's absolutely no chance I'd be sitting in the back with the children sitting up front!

Indeed - they paid for him to go F via CW and sit in the back. Why am I having difficulty with all this? I wonder.
T8191, TheJayHatch and Crofton138 like this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:07 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Indeed - they paid for him to go F via CW and sit in the back. Why am I having difficulty with all this? I wonder.
@PUCCI GALORE, quite extraordinary I’d say. In your long and illustrious career, you probably never saw anything like this!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
On a similar topic I was surprised to see that BA allow kids to sit in a different cabin from the age of 5.

So technically I could book a flight for tomorrow in F and book my 5yr old and 8yr olds into WT (same flight) on their own and BA are cool with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.