Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a child flying ba first guest family in to the first lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Minimum age to travel alone on BA is 14.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...avelling-alone
KARFA and Jamieboy23 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Minimum age to travel alone on BA is 14.

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...avelling-alone
that wasn’t my question though. Anyway I don’t want to divert the thread so no need to go any further in to it
Jamieboy23 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Whichever, KARFA et al ... who cares who sits where {although clearly his parents do!]?

The key question, and indeed the only one, is about IAD Lounge access for the OP's parent[s]. One will be fine, and the other will be up to the Lounge Agents on the day. I hope the OP can do a good weeping act!
KARFA and Jamieboy23 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
You clearly have a bright future ahead of you in both the front of the aircraft and on this forum. My hat's off to you.

Children can guest adults, even very small children (there are people out there whose young children have gold cards). Certainly 15 year olds can guest adults. What they can't do is guest two adults most of the time.

You could, were you feeling generous and inclined to bend rules quite a lot, give your father your boarding pass and have him guest your mother in while impersonating you. Make sure you get it back later, after you have enjoyed the rest of the airport

You could also throw yourself on the mercy of the lounge staff to see if all three of you can get in.
Jamieboy23 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
If being polite and innocent doesn't work then you'll be left with no choice but to employ classic DYKWIA tactics. Worth reading the 2018 DYKWIA thread for some tips. On second thoughts, better to use the DYKWIA thread to learn how not to behave in such situations.
gr8pirate and Jamieboy23 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Congratulations on getting on top of the points/upgrade game early on!

At the same time: I’m 186cm and while the forward cabins are lovely, I wouldn’t bat an eyelash at the prospect of sitting in the back for IAD-LHR.

Comfortable? Usually not.
Manageable? Absolutely!
Jamieboy23 likes this.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Nov 14, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Jamieboy23
Hello I’m a 15 year old flying from iad to lhr next month in ba first however my mum and dad is in economy as a perk of ba first you can have one guest but with ba lounges you have to be over 18 to enter or have an adult my question is would I be able to guest my mum in to the first lounge and be considered my responsible adult or will they say no as she would need a Club world or first ticket
Hello Jamieboy23, welcome to FlyerTalk and the BA board. We hope to see more of you.

My advice would be to work your way up to GGL. Then you can guest both of them in to BA F lounges at the same time
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Crikey - unless I become a much nicer person in the next decade there’s no way I’m sitting in Y whilst teenage offspring sit in J let alone F! Hats off to your parents - I think they’re mad but I hope you all have a great time

PS - out of interest why not just pay for an exit row in Y if the issue was legroom??
george77300 and Jamieboy23 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I don't think of a 15 year old as a "child"......more like a teenager or young adult.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’m sure telling my Dad about this tor next holiday! There are some kind parents out there paying for sons to go in F while they go in Y!

However, I don’t think my dad would sit in Y for anything further than LBA! So luckily we all go J most of the time. Certainly not complaining.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by DocS
Crikey - unless I become a much nicer person in the next decade there’s no way I’m sitting in Y whilst teenage offspring sit in J let alone F! Hats off to your parents - I think they’re mad but I hope you all have a great time

PS - out of interest why not just pay for an exit row in Y if the issue was legroom??
Just remember who chooses your nursing home
T8191, wrp96 and george77300 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:54 pm

And I thought those economy exit row seats had plenty of leg room for someone who was 6ft 3. Apparently not and you learn something new each day.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TPloser
And I thought those economy exit row seats had plenty of leg room for someone who was 6ft 3. Apparently not and you learn something new each day.
15yo can't sit in exit rows
Old Nov 14, 2018, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
15yo can't sit in exit rows
Premium Economy would suffice if leg room is the only thing needed.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hello and welcome
Nobody has mentioned to make sure you have BA, AA (or any other eligible) frequent flyer account to save the miles, generate status. If AA there are status challenges that others know more about or you could google, depending on how much you fly
At IAD there is the lounge, and also first dining so need to work out that one, and whether a guest can join you in first dining

We should all invest in your future as how you convinced you parents to be in economy and you in club is brilliant. Especially as there is a economy plus section in between whether for probably the same outlay you all could have sat. But shhhhh n that one

KF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.