FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Extra 50,000 Club World reward seats available to book by 2nd December (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1940528-extra-50-000-club-world-reward-seats-available-book-2nd-december.html)

Starship73 Nov 14, 2018 5:32 am

Extra 50,000 Club World reward seats available to book by 2nd December

FlyerTalker6823123456 Nov 14, 2018 5:36 am

we’ve worked hard to secure over 50,000 extra reward seats
???

Odd self-congratulatory choice of words.

simon stingray Nov 14, 2018 5:39 am

Loads of availability to Johannesburg and back throughout Jan & Feb. Not used to seeing this. Pity as we already have 2 big holidays booked.

mikeyfly Nov 14, 2018 5:42 am

I noticed that Xmas dates I was reviewing (for F funnily enough) started showing lots of J reward seats from Tuesday.

I think the load happened Monday night

loosehead Nov 14, 2018 6:04 am

Guess this will blow any chance of the 2-for1 J sale over Christmas/New Year, I'd been hoping for. Not flush with Avios right now, so can't grab any of these. Ho hum.

YacozA Nov 14, 2018 6:17 am

BA ran this same promotion last year, but a bit earlier in the year no?
Pretty sure that is how I got CW availability to HKG over xmas with pretty short lead-time.

T8191 Nov 14, 2018 6:26 am

Nice offer for some!

Sadly we’re already fully booked for the next 8 months.

Horatio Nov 14, 2018 6:27 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 30428276)
I noticed that Xmas dates I was reviewing (for F funnily enough) started showing lots of J reward seats from Tuesday.

I think the load happened Monday night

It seemed last Friday that a ton of J seats I hadn't thought were available before were suddenly available for LHR to JFK later in November, but I might have been mistaken.

Deltus Nov 14, 2018 6:37 am

I could treat the in-laws to a Christmas break in... Abuja! Tempting...

gustavmahler Nov 14, 2018 6:57 am

Originally Posted by YacozA (Post 30428354)
BA ran this same promotion last year, but a bit earlier in the year no?
Pretty sure that is how I got CW availability to HKG over xmas with pretty short lead-time.

In June, I think - well that's when we suddenly found CW availability to MIA for Christmas, Having just bought our first property and on a three-line whip to go to see family in Florida, this was very welcome since it was about half the cost of the cheapest cash Y fare (which I was really hoping to avoid anyway!).

mikeyfly Nov 14, 2018 7:19 am

Originally Posted by loosehead (Post 30428323)
Guess this will blow any chance of the 2-for1 J sale over Christmas/New Year, I'd been hoping for. Not flush with Avios right now, so can't grab any of these. Ho hum.

Safe approach would be to nab the Reward seats at £650 fees each, and if some £1,000 transatlantic sale happens - cancel and lose £35.00

windowontheAside Nov 14, 2018 7:21 am

Hmmm.... so I have a cash booking for March to South Africa.... have only paid the (BA Hols) deposit so far. Wonder if it's worth cancelling and burning some Avios instead?

mikeyfly Nov 14, 2018 7:34 am

With the current £1,100 fares AMS-CPT you'd be daft to use Reward seats

mmxbreaks Nov 14, 2018 7:45 am

Looks like a good way to promote the Buy Avios promotion too.

mmxbreaks Nov 14, 2018 7:48 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside (Post 30428533)
Hmmm.... so I have a cash booking for March to South Africa.... have only paid the (BA Hols) deposit so far. Wonder if it's worth cancelling and burning some Avios instead?

I've got a 2xF booking in March LHR-CPT, but don't need the Tier Points now. Pondering a similar idea: ditch the £400 deposit (sad face) and opt for Club seats instead using Avios. Problem being it's LHR-JNB-CPT only on the redemption (which I could get for 168000 Avios and £1400-ish).

I could certainly save cash, but then I'm holding onto Avios for 'the Australia dream', so not sure if it's a savvy idea.

Hmmm...