Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's lack of cyberflashing policy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
However I also struggle with what on earth BA can do in this situation.
The cabin crew could perform sequential scrutiny to find the matching member and duly devise a proportionate punishment.

/carry-on-film
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This is all new to me so forgive my ignorance.

Is there not a function on the App to only allow those on your contact list to send you stuff?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by gingerlucy

ETA: regardless, unless your phone's name is literally set to be "Send me dick pics", whatever it might be it is not an invitation to be sent unsolicited dick pics.
I tried that once. Unfortunately there was a meeting of the Richard III appreciation society nearby

deeruck likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by rruaco
The cabin crew could perform sequential scrutiny to find the matching member and duly devise a proportionate punishment.

/carry-on-film
Just to widen the list of possible suspects, and depending on when it was sent/received, it could have been ground staff outside the plane and within 100m of it. (Or even an adjacent plane). I’m happy if a technical expert refutes this suggestion.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
The policy should be that the cabin crew points and laughs mockingly upon being shown the pic.
Sealink, muscat, manymany and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by muscat

Just to widen the list of possible suspects, and depending on when it was sent/received, it could have been ground staff outside the plane and within 100m of it. (Or even an adjacent plane). I’m happy if a technical expert refutes this suggestion.
I'm by no means an expert, but a bit of Googling suggests that the bluetooth range of an iPhone is more like 10m than 100m. But your point could still apply for e.g. baggage handlers just downstairs or catering couriers in a truck just outside the fuselage.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by plunet
Well, you learn a new word every day, I didn't realise that cyberflashing was a thing...
Cyberflashing.. as an Android user this word was new to me too but I have to learn the language of Apple who has given us Facetime, Lightning, AirDrop et al. BA does not need need a new policy, but needs to work in collaboration with Apple to develop an in flight app they can call iPerv or iPrat.
All iPerv users can then share their pictures with each other but pictures can only be shared, opened and viewed in the locked toilets.

Last edited by IntVic; Nov 13, 2018 at 10:16 am Reason: grammar
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
This is completely unbelievably terrible and I am totally outraged. As soon as I have flown the 38 sectors I currently have booked and used the 800k avios, Amex 241s, GUFs and Jokers that I have I will probably never fly BA again.

also pls send me ur nudes
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by krispy84

I might try that on my next flight, purely for research purposes you understand.
Real name is Pic, Richard Pic. But you can call me Dick
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by GodAtum
I disagree ... TFL have a policy for dealing with anti-social/rude behaviour.

So does BA in their contract of carriage, even though the BA Twitter Team doesn't seem to know this.
From the Contract of Carriage:
11a) Unacceptable behaviour

If, while you are on board the aircraft, we reasonably believe that youhave:
  • put the aircraft, or any person in it, in danger
  • deliberately interfered with the crew in carrying out their duties
  • failed to obey the instructions of the crew relating to safety or security
  • failed to obey the seat-belt or no-smoking signs
  • committed a criminal offence
  • allowed your physical or mental state to become affected by drink or drugs
  • failed to obey the crew's instructions relating to drink or drugs
  • made a hoax bomb or other security threat
  • threatened, abused or insulted the crew or other passengers
  • behaved in a threatening, abusive, insulting or disorderly way towards the crew or other passengers or
  • behaved in a way which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to the crew or other passengers
we may take any measures we think reasonable to prevent you continuing your behaviour. When the aircraft lands, wemay decide to:
  • make you leave the aircraft
  • refuse to carry you on the remaining sectors of the journey shown on your ticket and
  • report the incident on board the aircraft to the relevant authorities with a view to them prosecuting you for any criminal offences you might have committed.
I think the above would cover unsolicited pictures as in this case. Identifying the offender and enforcement as noted above, presents its own problems
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
So does BA in their contract of carriage, even though the BA Twitter Team doesn't seem to know this.
From the Contract of Carriage:
behaved in a way which causes discomfort, inconvenience, damage or injury to the crew or other passengers
Would that be applicable in the body odour thread? What if a WT seat causes me discomfort, where is my recourse to BA?
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Jagboi
What if a WT seat causes me discomfort, where is my recourse to BA?
They may choose to discontinue carrying the offending WT seats on subsequent journeys?
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by HIDDY

Is there not a function on the App to only allow those on your contact list to send you stuff?
By the same logic, if the woman had been sitting next to the guy and he had exposed himself, it would be her fault, because, you know, she should only sit next to people she knows?

No-one should receive unsolicited dick pics just because they don't turn Bluetooth off or whatever. People should not send unsolicited dick pics - end of.

As for dealing with it, as others have mentioned it doesn't need a special policy as it quite clearly falls in the "unacceptable behaviour" category.

Last edited by Irreverent Medusa; Nov 13, 2018 at 11:40 am
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I wouldn't email or tweet an organisation and use the word "dick" either.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by rruaco
devise a proportionate punishment.
Proportionate to what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.