Same-day change delight!

Old Nov 12, 18, 4:56 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Posts: 2,698
Same-day change delight!

Mrs Neverfirst and I turned up at check-in three hours before our (cheap, economy, BA holidays) flight and idly wondered whether we could be moved to the earlier flight, leaving within the hour.

Tap-tap-tap, “that’s all done for you, have a great flight”.

Huge thanks to the agent, but was this just a lucky break? (I know about the CE same-day changes, but I was prepared to be turned down flat on this very cheap economy flight.)
Dambus likes this.
NeverFirst is offline  
Old Nov 12, 18, 9:40 pm
  #2  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 21,938
I believe it came first for ET flights before it became available for CE.

It isn't available for all fare basis in ET or CE though, so make sure to check the fare rules before booking them in the future, if you feel you might like to take advantage of it.
LTN Phobia is offline  
Old Nov 12, 18, 10:34 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,682
Originally Posted by NeverFirst View Post
Mrs Neverfirst and I turned up at check-in three hours before our (cheap, economy, BA holidays) flight and idly wondered whether we could be moved to the earlier flight, leaving within the hour.

Tap-tap-tap, “that’s all done for you, have a great flight”.

Huge thanks to the agent, but was this just a lucky break? (I know about the CE same-day changes, but I was prepared to be turned down flat on this very cheap economy flight.)
Shorthaul ET plus fares ie those that include baggage have free change on the day too.
Anonba is online now  
Old Nov 13, 18, 12:08 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Surrey
Programs: BAEC - Silver
Posts: 583
This isn’t usually available on BA holidays; that’s worth a try next time.
wilsnunn likes this.
TheFlyingCyclist is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 1:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 55
does that include reward flights?
sam lewis71 is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 1:59 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Glos
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 6,781
Originally Posted by sam lewis71 View Post
does that include reward flights?
I've had plenty of domestic award flights moved earlier over the last couple of years - not policy but helpful agents; where I often wonder if it helps their booking levels also...
mikeyfly is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 2:10 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: BA Gold, VA Platinum
Posts: 317
I imagine a lot of this is them looking at your flight and seeing it close to full with an empty option earlier in the day that you are happy to take...
flyingmonkie is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 2:12 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 25,740
Originally Posted by sam lewis71 View Post
does that include reward flights?
No, reward flights are subject to normal reward flights T&C: award space available, change fee, normally changed 24 hours before the flight. It is also not available on connecting flights.

Plus fares were introduced a while ago as a key "upsell" proposition for short haul non-stop flights (as LTNPhobia mentions, well before it came to CE). You choose between hand luggage only or plus fare which includes luggage and space available same day change.:
orbitmic is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 2:27 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
No, reward flights are subject to normal reward flights T&C: award space available, change fee, normally changed 24 hours before the flight. It is also not available on connecting flights.

Plus fares were introduced a while ago as a key "upsell" proposition for short haul non-stop flights (as LTNPhobia mentions, well before it came to CE). You choose between hand luggage only or plus fare which includes luggage and space available same day change.:
That might be the official rules but I've definitely had check-in staff at outstations happily move me to an earlier flight home when travelling on an award ticket.
mickeyjaw is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 2:50 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Posts: 668
It actually makes sense for an airline to get people away as soon as possible as it reduces the risk of EU261 issues later in the day if they hit problems.
steve170461 is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 3:10 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 29,831
Originally Posted by sam lewis71 View Post
does that include reward flights?
There is a allowance at LHR (and possibly LGW but not sure if it extends there) that for reward bookings they will move you on the day if there is reward space on the flight you want for a fee of £60. Not quite SDC but it can be helpful sometimes.
KARFA is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 5:54 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: BAEC Silver (OneWorld Sapphire)
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist View Post
This isn’t usually available on BA holidays; that’s worth a try next time.
Agreed, I changed to an earlier flight by calling BA holidays, they told me it would not be possible for check in staff to move me, and only a special team in BA holidays could do it. They did move me, waved the change fee, but there was a small £10 fair difference to be paid, and 3 hours of my time was worth a tenner, so I went for it!

Maybe next time I'll chance it at the airport and see what happens.
MileHighFizz is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 7:06 am
  #13  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 9,764
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw View Post
That might be the official rules but I've definitely had check-in staff at outstations happily move me to an earlier flight home when travelling on an award ticket.
Don't forget that there are situations where it helps the airline to move you to a different flight and gets them out of a potential pickle.
golfmad is offline  
Old Nov 13, 18, 8:03 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Posts: 508
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
Don't forget that there are situations where it helps the airline to move you to a different flight and gets them out of a potential pickle.
Sure, and I wouldn't expect it as a matter of course either. But at T+3 for my original flight and T+1 for my earlier flight I looked at the seat maps and both were only about 50% allocated / blocked so I think it was just a case of overall light loads.
mickeyjaw is offline  
Old Nov 14, 18, 12:03 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 738
Tried to move a CE from Glasgow last week and two agents eventually worked out that a car hire made it a BA Holiday booking and so they could not change it. They did not try to call BA Holidays or advise that I could call them. I would have taken a downgrade or no meal option as 5 hours in the lounge was soul destroying, more so as I was driving on arrival at LHR.
HarryHolden68 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: