Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same-day change delight!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I believe it came first for ET flights before it became available for CE.

It isn't available for all fare basis in ET or CE though, so make sure to check the fare rules before booking them in the future, if you feel you might like to take advantage of it.
I don’t suppose adding a bag or two after making an HBO booking makes something eligible for SDC by any chance?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by memesweeper

I don’t suppose adding a bag or two after making an HBO booking makes something eligible for SDC by any chance?
no as you are just paying for bags it doesnt affect fare rules on the ticket purchased.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Oh deary me, I may have booked the wrong ticket again...
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by memesweeper
Oh deary me, I may have booked the wrong ticket again...
if the booking was just made today you have 24 hours from when you made the booking to make use of correction policy where change and service fee is waived so you would just pay difference to move upto a baggage fare.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:44 pm

Arrived from Denver an hour early and so could make a flight to Glasgow, but it was on avios.

So had to wait in CCR for five hours.

Reason, 24 hour notice to change an avios ticket. You First, CCR desk, T3 arrivals folk - all said the same.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by flygod
Arrived from Denver an hour early and so could make a flight to Glasgow, but it was on avios.

So had to wait in CCR for five hours.

Reason, 24 hour notice to change an avios ticket. You First, CCR desk, T3 arrivals folk - all said the same.
Yes, that is correct.

Also worth remembering that a CE sector attached to discounted long haul tickets with change fees, even if the booking class of the CE sector itself shows "J", is NOT fully flex and it will incur a change fee according to fare conditions, whether it is on the day of the flight or otherwise. It appears to be a commonly held (incorrect) assumption so I thought I should mention it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.