Search

BA94 (YUL-LHR) reports UFO, 09NOV18

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
BA94 (YUL-LHR) reports UFO, 09NOV18

(I did a quick search and found no previous posting; apologies if I overlooked an existing thread)

Originally Posted by The Irish Independent
Shannon Air Traffic Control received a call from a British Airways flight pilot flying from Montreal to Heathrow over Kerry at 6.47am, asking if there were military exercises taking place at the time.

The pilot described a "really bright light" that came up along the plane before disappearing at "a very high speed".

She said they were "wondering" what it could be, that it did not seem to be on a collision course.

Two other planes also reported seeing the object in the area at the time.
ATC recording - Skip to 17:54, onwards
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Did any passengers take a video with their phones ?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I look forward to hearing about it on Ancient Aliens (guilty pleasure, yes I know it's rubbish...) next year.

"Shannon, England, November 9th, two thousand eighteen, a British Virgin Airlines pilot reports..."

Then one of their talking heads, most likely the British chap, will say that it is one of many, despite there being no evidence of such. "A government cover up? Ancient Astronaut Theorists(!) say yes..."

TWCLAM likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
From the chatter it sounded at least as likely to be a meteor shower right? (I heard the words 'multiple objects all travelling approx same trajectory' or something like that).

However if it DOES turn out to be ET, I love the idea that their first contact might be with a super British sounding BA flight crew.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:23 am

Close encounter of the ?? kind

hThe Irish Aviation Authority is investigating reports of bright lights and UFOs off the south-west coast of Ireland.

It began at 06:47 local time on Friday 9 November when a British Airways pilot contacted Shannon air traffic control.

She wanted to know if there were military exercises in the area because there was something "moving so fast".

The air traffic controller said there were no such exercises.

The pilot, flying from the Canadian city of Montreal to Heathrow, said there was a "very bright light" and the object had come up along the left side of the aircraft before it "rapidly veered to the north".

ttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46181662
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:53 am

Looks like our Mach5 skunkworks project based out of Farranfore has leaked....
bisonrav likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
I remember a few years ago working a BA heading north-east on UA37 on the North Sea sector. He reported 4 black, diamond shaped objects a couple of 1000 feet beneath him. Nothing else was showing on radar and nothing we knew about. It transpired the USAF had 4 F117's on detachment in Germany and they took them out for a spin without bothering to tell us!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.