Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can someone tell me how many seats are left?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: British airways

I’m booked on the BA0008 flight flying business leaving at 9:45 am on December 24th. Is it possible to find out how many seats are still available in business for this flight?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Joetsu
Is it possible to find out how many seats are still available in business for this flight?
What do you mean by "how many seats are still available"?

If the question is about which physical seats on board the aircraft you can still pre-allocate at this stage, that question can be answered by going to MMB on ba.com and looking at the seat map. Other sources such as ExpertFlyer can also provide this information.

If the question is about how many reservations have been taken in that cabin for that flight, AIUI that is commercially confidential information which only insiders will have access to, and they may not be prepared to publish that information on a public forum.

If the question is the very different one of how many reservations BA is still prepared to take in that cabin for that flight, AIUI that is again commercially confidential information. In particular, that information would give away BA's current overbooking limit for that flight.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: British airways
Thank you.

Basically I’ve book this flight with one of my kids. Now my son is kind of interested in going but isn’t sure. I was wanting to leave it till the last minute to book in case he changes his mind.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basically I’ve book this flight with one of my kids. Now my son is kind of interested in going but isn’t sure. I was wanting to leave it till the last minute to book in case he changes his mind.
One idea: Are there any award seats available? If so, do you have (or can you get) enough Avios to book a seat? If you do that, then you can cancel the ticket up to 24 hours before departure of the first flight for a full refund (less a small cancellation fee: £35 if you're a UK member).

Or you could simply watch availability and pricing. Tell him that when the price goes up, it'll be too late and it'll be his own fault for not making up his mind.

Or just give him an ultimatum.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This is from Expert Flyer:

BA8
24/12/18 9:45 HND
24/12/18 13:25 LHR
Su,M,Th,F,Sa
71% / 22m

F9 A9 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N6 Q0 O1 G0

So more than 9 available in classes J, C, D, R & I... so more than 9 then in business.
Joetsu likes this.

Last edited by snaxmuppet; Nov 12, 2018 at 3:02 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Thank you.

Watch out for the advance purchase requirements in that case. Some fares have 28-day advance purchase requirements, some have 14, etc.
Joetsu likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
So more than 9 available in classes J, C, D, R & I... so more than 9 then in business.
That's the number of reservations that BA is prepared to take now, but it doesn't give you any idea about how long you can play chicken for.

Flights that look like that this far out can be all zeroes by a couple of weeks from departure.
snaxmuppet likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:24 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I’m booked on the BA0008 flight flying business leaving at 9:45 am on December 24th. Is it possible to find out how many seats are still available in business for this flight?
From the discussion above, you would like to know how many seats in J BA is still prepared to sell for that flight.

Expert Flyer shows: J9 C9 D9 R9 I9.
This means that BA is prepared to sell 9 or more seats in Business Class at any of the commercial Business Class fares. EF (or any other similar engine) will not show more than 9. And one cannot add the 5 different fare buckets and conclude that there are 45 seats for sale. But the conclusion would be that - at this moment - the business class cabin is very much open for bookings.

Last edited by thijsseh; Nov 12, 2018 at 3:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.