Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed message on BA trolley service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
I 100% agree with swissboy its just a trolley and they can/ should change things if its not working but please dont lie.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I very much doubt a phone agent is versed in the minutae of the CW service routine so could have just been confused.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by simons1
I imagine they were saying what you wanted to hear....it goes down better.
I thought the same when I called BA about my Dubai flight changing to Air Belgium. I was assured that everthing apart from the actual plane would be BA ie it would be BA crew, pilots, food, blankets etc. I know from FT that that isn’t the case regarding the crew. The agent went as far as to say that they had personally flown Air Belgium in business class and found it to be excellent.

Of course the agent may have flown with Air Belgium but considering how short-lived the airline has been I thought the probability was low.

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Nov 12, 2018 at 8:12 am
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The previous discussion for this is at the end of this thread
New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

And suffice to say this is an example where BA got criticism for having the trolleys, and then criticism for removing the trolleys. The perception was that arranging the hundreds of items on the trolley (and that's not an exaggeration) took away from delivering the meals quickly to passengers. On the other hand many crew felt that with experience this could be made to work, and taking the trolley away thus removed part of the enjoyment of seeing the trolley, particularly for leisure travellers.

i never considered but now that you said it is literally hundreds of items--that is amazing how much work would be taken to set the trolley up. i'd think there would be some logistics-based things before it is loaded to make it work better but personally don't mind either way. it was cute to see, and is weirdly satisfying to see the options before committing. but i'd prefer speed over anything else any day!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by VSLover
i never considered but now that you said it is literally hundreds of items--that is amazing how much work would be taken to set the trolley up. i'd think there would be some logistics-based things before it is loaded to make it work better but personally don't mind either way. it was cute to see, and is weirdly satisfying to see the options before committing. but i'd prefer speed over anything else any day!
I'm sure someone will be along to tell me why, but I don't understand why they can't just load up a drinks trolley with an example of each starter on display, and take the food orders with the drinks order, then hand run the food. That way everyone still gets to see them, but there isn't lots of time spent faffing about putting all of the starters on display. Same for desserts afterwards.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Medicalman120
Yes i get that and it must be really hard for them but the phone call i received was after i e-mailed Alex directly.

So it was from a department that should know whats going on, anyway its not going to happen and me sending another e-mail wont change anything.

I just dont like to be lied to, i am a big boy and can take it on the chin (not sure which one of my chins but one would take it!!).
Oh please.

"Mr. [insert name of any senior executive of a customer-facing large corporation] was so concerned that we get back to you and he is tied up, so he asked me to call you immediately and apologizes that he could not do so himself."

Your email, along with thousands of others was routed to the standard channel and received attention which appears to but does not, personalize it.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Medicalman120
Yes i get that and it must be really hard for them but the phone call i received was after i e-mailed Alex directly.

So it was from a department that should know whats going on, anyway its not going to happen and me sending another e-mail wont change anything.

I just dont like to be lied to, i am a big boy and can take it on the chin (not sure which one of my chins but one would take it!!).
You emailed Alex about a catering trolley? Really?

You are not being lied to, I doubt the person from CS who called you had any idea either way.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:07 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by simons1
You emailed Alex about a catering trolley? Really?

You are not being lied to, I doubt the person from CS who called you had any idea either way.
Indeed. If I went to that extent and entertained any DYKWIWT ( do you know who I wrote to) behaviour on board I would get a slap from the Mrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.