Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inverness airport (inv) security

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
Winter weather on the highland mainline can easily mean delays, cancellations, turnback at Aviemore, snowmen on the line and delays can quickly plow past 20 minutes.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by loosehead
I had a slight 'scare' at INV whilst doing a b2b in Sept, for one of the INV-USA tickets. Walked round from the incoming flight, to find a line of 20+ stretching back from the queuing area for Security, with another 20+ inside. Joined the line, then spotted a chap walk along the right hand side of the line, towards a 2nd gap in the barrier/fence by the wall, and enter. Looked closer to see a small 'priority' sign with BA logo. Was in J, so followed him through, but otherwise would have really struggled, and maybe had to push in (hate doing that). Very easy to miss that 2nd entrance, and for all my poring through posts on b2b's/turnarounds, can't remember any references to it.
As for why there was the queue - wasn't really there long enough to ask, but there was a KLM and an EasyJet kind of around same time (11.00). Also wondered if it might have been a coachload on a group trip. Worth being aware that if it does happen to be busier than normal, a 20-30 minute delay is possible, even there.
This was my experience too in Oct... my heart sank when I saw the security line on what was my first ex INV. I am sure I would have missed the flight. Fortunately another b2b flyer pointed me to the fast security lane/opening. Now I was flying economy but am Silver status and got through on that basis.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by IntVic
This was my experience too in Oct... my heart sank when I saw the security line on what was my first ex INV. I am sure I would have missed the flight. Fortunately another b2b flyer pointed me to the fast security lane/opening. Now I was flying economy but am Silver status and got through on that basis.
Hi IntVic. It was a pleasure to meet you and help.
I cannot take full credit as when I saw the security queue stretch to the doors i was similarly alarmed. This was on our return for USA yet the previous week, there had been no queue. All very strange.
At the time, I did not realise there was a Fast Track option but fortunately the check in agents pointed it out so the day was saved.
WIthout it, I think we would have struggled.
IntVic likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:35 am

I often do the similar tactic as the OP.
My suggestion is find a cheap b&b and go up the night before, especially this time of year.
Obviously that depends on personal circumstances whether it's possible or not.

Keep status/class of travel in mind when thinking about security at INV.
I posted in another thread, last time I was there the queue for non-priority was all the way back to the cafe, and not moving very quickly.
Priority was just me though, so took less than a minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.