Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How to claim missing Avios/Tier points when website gives error

Old Nov 10, 18, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold

Hey,

My wife and I recently flew LGW-FLL then MIA-LHR-EDI

As the trip was a surprise for my wife, I didn’t add her BAEC number to the booking until after the first flight as it would have then appeared in her app beforehand.

The MIA-LHR-EDI journey posted to her BAEC account correctly. However, understandably, the FLL flight didn’t (everything posted correctly for me).

She went to the “claim missing Avios” page of the BA website and entered the 125- ticket number but it says “ERROR, The ticket number you have entered is associated with your name”

Is there any other way of her claiming for these points online or will she have to phone up the helpline and explain that the first flight hasn’t posted?

Thanks for the advice
Old Nov 10, 18, 5:50 pm

Programs: BA, Iberia, Emirates, IHG, hotels.com
What a great surprise!

I would suggest trying the Twitter team or I believe there is a Flyertalk user BAMissingAvios
Old Nov 11, 18, 6:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bigbearcatcher View Post
The MIA-LHR-EDI journey posted to her BAEC account correctly. However, understandably, the FLL flight didn’t (everything posted correctly for me).

She went to the “claim missing Avios” page of the BA website and entered the 125- ticket number but it says “ERROR, The ticket number you have entered is associated with your name”
I suspect that flight may technically / internally have been on another ticket sequence. If you are not on Twitter then a phone call should resolve, but she would have to make the call. Ideally speak to someone in the UK contact centre but I would hope India could also resolve this. There is a PM system to resolve this if all else fails, as a final resort, but best to go through the proper route first.

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Bigbearcatcher, it's good to see you here and I hope that you will continue to participate.
Old Nov 11, 18, 6:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Mergers and dispersal
Originally Posted by CloudGazer View Post
I believe there is a Flyertalk user BAMissingAvios
Just as a note: This is for use as a last resort rather than as an initial port of call for assistance.
UKtravelbear likes this.
Old Nov 11, 18, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the welcome, long time reader of Flyertalk but only signed up to address this issue.

Thanks for the advice, we are young-ish and social media active so will use Twitter to try to resolve this before resorting to a phone call if needed.

As an aside, despite what I have read here and on other websites, we actually found the 10-abreast 777 to be very nice in WT. We are neither tall nor wide so found the seats fine but the IFE was especially good, large clear screen and a very response touchscreen.

On the way home we got a lucky OPUP to a WT+ bulkhead seat, which was overall a far superior experience but the old 747 IFE screen was small, poor and unresponsive and mine didn’t actually work even after the crew rebooted it, not a big deal as I slept most of the flight. Also the food and staff in both directions were good.

I also can see how BA’s upgrade algorithms are well designed, as a Bronze who always flies WT, we would definitely pay in future to be in WT+ after experiencing it.

Thanks and hopefully Twitter will sort it
Old Nov 11, 18, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, HH-Silver, IHG,
Now look out for them tempting you with a cheeky POUG/ AUOP or if your super lucky a freebie to get you in CW. Watch out though it's a trap. Mrs Clam was treated to CW for her birthday this year & it's been made clear to me that i'm welcome to fly WT / WTP but she'll be residing CW on a permanent basis now she's tasted.

On this basis i've cancelled plans for a LGW-DME ( or whichever Moscow airport it now is) in first as my wallet can't handle the strain