FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   options for short trip to LAS over new year (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1939929-options-short-trip-las-over-new-year.html)

irmster Nov 10, 2018 3:52 pm

options for short trip to LAS over new year

So I've decided to go to LAS just for 4 nights. J fares ex-LON are £3500, which is out.

So I have a choice of £1750 EX-DUB BA J, £1350 ex-LON in BA W or £800 PE NZ (to LAX)- or wait for a possible black Friday sale)

As I am leaving on boxing day, ex-DUB is difficult as I can't fly the night before and I believe back to backs are more tricky these days.

So the easiest will be PE from London on BA, but I'm rather tempted by the £800 fare LAX on NZ PE (which would be around £950 with connecting flights but still save around £400).

Tricky one. I've only flown J on NZ and it was very good but not PE - and BA to LAS are generally older planes.

Any thoughts?

FinnRolo Nov 10, 2018 4:13 pm

J all the way.
Try to grab upper deck on the 747.

Cap'n Benj Nov 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by irmster (Post 30416258)
So I've decided to go to LAS just for 4 nights. J fares ex-LON are £3500, which is out.

So I have a choice of £1750 EX-DUB BA J, £1350 ex-LON in BA W or £800 PE NZ (to LAX)- or wait for a possible black Friday sale)

As I am leaving on boxing day, ex-DUB is difficult as I can't fly the night before and I believe back to backs are more tricky these days.

So the easiest will be PE from London on BA, but I'm rather tempted by the £800 fare LAX on NZ PE (which would be around £950 with connecting flights but still save around £400).

Tricky one. I've only flown J on NZ and it was very good but not PE - and BA to LAS are generally older planes.

Any thoughts?

No Avios/ Credit card points?

Id be tempted by the NZ option, just to try the product and avoid old WT+ on BA, esp at 1350.

I’d prob take BA Y over WT+ if it’s 1350, it’s simply not worth it

orbitmic Nov 10, 2018 4:43 pm

I don't like PE, but PE on NZ is quite a bit better than on BA.

irmster Nov 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj (Post 30416325)

No Avios/ Credit card points?

Id be tempted by the NZ option, just to try the product and avoid old WT+ on BA, esp at 1350.

I’d prob take BA Y over WT+ if it’s 1350, it’s simply not worth it

I'm currently very Avios poor (and there's no redemption availability anyway).

Had the ex-DUB fare been a little lower and if I had more time, I would have gone with the Ex-DUB option (and if I was obsessed by TPs as I used to be!).

However, I've just booked NZ. I agree £1350 for WT+ is not worth it especially on an ageing 744 or the LGW 777s. BA Y was almost as much as NZ PE and the reviews for NZ are pretty good as is the price for that time of year.

Swanhunter Nov 10, 2018 5:23 pm

My experience of NZ (admittedly not in PE) have been really good, top notch airline. BA could learn much from them!