Newer A320

Reply

Old Nov 10, 18, 2:45 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
Posts: 829
Newer A320

flew my first newer A320 last night in club euro. while the seat seemed more comfy and the headrest had moveable winglets (this was not the case before was it?) -- it was super annoying to not have the middle seat table. instead using the half-table to share for two people (i was in row 1). a smaller table, and no leather so things slide around during turbulence.

i didn't really think much of the table previously, that is until it was taken away--and another annoying enhancement...not to mention lack of moving map on a 3hr flight to HEL.
VSLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:05 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: BMI Diamond Club
Posts: 237
Yes the seat with the leather central table on other aircraft has an adjustable head rest ..... with wings
orbitmic likes this.
charlieboy77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:51 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 24,721
Originally Posted by VSLover View Post
flew my first newer A320 last night in club euro. while the seat seemed more comfy and the headrest had moveable winglets (this was not the case before was it?) -- it was super annoying to not have the middle seat table. instead using the half-table to share for two people (i was in row 1). a smaller table, and no leather so things slide around during turbulence.
The seat at the front of the neos is the same as the current seat on all the short haul planes, so they do have independently movable headrest winglets. The rear half of the neos has the much thinner seats now - I haven't tried them yet so can't comment on how comfortable they are but they don't have any movable headrest.

Agree, it's a shame the table has gone.
florens likes this.
KARFA is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 4:17 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: A hop, skip and jump away from MAN.
Programs: BAEC (busted back down to) Silver, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Posts: 938
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
The rear half of the neos has the much thinner seats now - I haven't tried them yet so can't comment on how comfortable they are but they don't have any movable headrest.

Agree, it's a shame the table has gone.
The seat at the rear of the NEOs is the Recaro SL3510. This torture-implement of a seat has been flying on the Iberia Express subfleet for quite a while now. It is an especially uncomfortable, bolt-upright experience, with inadequate cushioning for anything longer than a 45-60 minute flight.

Whenever I end up flying in one, I end up with the worst lower backache and it doesn't go for a day or two.

+1 on the loss of the tables.
orbitmic likes this.
mjh0 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 7:10 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
Posts: 829
Maybe the seat felt a bit better because it wasn't as worn?

Also the entire flight I was conserving battery on my devices only to see at landing when I stopped something on the floor there was in seat power! I couldn't believe my eyes on a BA SH!! Haha

VSLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 7:22 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: VS Flying Club (Gold), BA Exec Club (Silver), Hilton Honors (Diamond)
Posts: 37
I had my first Neo on the BA487 Barcelona to Heathrow on Tuesday night in CE.

I was more impressed than I thought I would be. The leg room wasn't terrible, the power worked and the loss of the table wasn't that much of an issue.
ColOrd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 10:53 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Ag, Avis Pres Club, Ex VS Au, Best Western Au, Ex Marriott Pt, HHonors Silver, Priority Club Au
Posts: 189
Originally Posted by mjh0 View Post
The seat at the rear of the NEOs is the Recaro SL3510. This torture-implement of a seat has been flying on the Iberia Express subfleet for quite a while now. It is an especially uncomfortable, bolt-upright experience, with inadequate cushioning for anything longer than a 45-60 minute flight.

Whenever I end up flying in one, I end up with the worst lower backache and it doesn't go for a day or two.

+1 on the loss of the tables.
sorry if this had been discussed before, but row do the new ET seats start? I have an a320 to BUD in 2 weeks which I gather is one of the NEO routes. Currently in row 12.
gliderpilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 11:04 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,199
Originally Posted by gliderpilot View Post


sorry if this had been discussed before, but row do the new ET seats start? I have an a320 to BUD in 2 weeks which I gather is one of the NEO routes. Currently in row 12.
From row 13. 12 is good - exit row, current seat with recline, plus power.
Ldnn1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 11:14 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Ag, Avis Pres Club, Ex VS Au, Best Western Au, Ex Marriott Pt, HHonors Silver, Priority Club Au
Posts: 189
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post


From row 13. 12 is good - exit row, current seat with recline, plus power.
thanks Ldnn1. Just what I wanted to hear!
gliderpilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 11:15 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Posts: 21,728
I miss the old school 767s
LondonElite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 12:51 pm
  #11  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 20,731
I've been on the NEO twice and I did not like the lack of tray table at all.

One thing they had not suffered yet is the forward cushion recess, which I find is more pronounced in row 1 than other rows, presumably due to feet-on-bulkhead, because the seats are too upright (not just on NEO but on all the latest BA seats, along with some other airlines... It looks like the latest trend to have rather upright seats?), and people slide forward, and then put the feel up on the bulkhead in row 1?

Newer ones have not had a chance to get very compressed yet.

Glossary of terms:
"Forward cushion recess" means bum-induced compression more forward than expected)

P.S. In case of any doubt, I DO NOT put my feet on the bulkhead!!
florens and VSLover like this.
LTN Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 2:37 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
Posts: 829
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
I've been on the NEO twice and I did not like the lack of tray table at all.



Glossary of terms:
"Forward cushion recess" means bum-induced compression more forward than expected)
i just presumed it meant "you can enjoy a complimentary massage on-board thanks to the knees of the passengers sitting in row 2" on both journeys, now having the same plane type HEL-LHR. LOL.

this time though, the middle seat tray table in row 1 was already sloping, so good luck keeping anything on that! a shame. most who are not normal BA flyers may think -- there is nothing special about this in terms of experience. first impressions at least for those boarding who are not BA regulars, and perhaps connecting. the cabin now is just sad. and as someone who pretty much is 95% CE that is my impression too.
VSLover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 2:44 pm
  #13  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 20,731
Originally Posted by VSLover View Post
i just presumed it meant "you can enjoy a complimentary massage on-board thanks to the knees of the passengers sitting in row 2" on both journeys, now having the same plane type HEL-LHR. LOL.
Hahaha, that happens too, but the recess I speak of is on the seat cushion where one's bum goes

HEL is NEO-prone (I read somewhere that NEOs hang out on T3 routes?). Someone's trying to tell someone that NEO should go to HEL(l)?
LTN Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:23 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 346
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
Hahaha, that happens too, but the recess I speak of is on the seat cushion where one's bum goes

HEL is NEO-prone (I read somewhere that NEOs hang out on T3 routes?). Someone's trying to tell someone that NEO should go to HEL(l)?
how does this compare to air france?
footballfanatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:41 pm
  #15  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Posts: 20,731
Originally Posted by footballfanatic View Post
how does this compare to air france?
I've no idea as I haven't flown AF for a long time.

I have noted that there are some middle-table-less LH aircraft too, though. It's disappointing that there seems to be a trend towards not bothering with the middle table??
LTN Phobia is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread