FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Newer A320 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1939840-newer-a320.html)

VSLover Nov 10, 2018 2:45 am

Newer A320

flew my first newer A320 last night in club euro. while the seat seemed more comfy and the headrest had moveable winglets (this was not the case before was it?) -- it was super annoying to not have the middle seat table. instead using the half-table to share for two people (i was in row 1). a smaller table, and no leather so things slide around during turbulence.

i didn't really think much of the table previously, that is until it was taken away--and another annoying enhancement...not to mention lack of moving map on a 3hr flight to HEL.

1Aturnleft Nov 10, 2018 3:05 am

Yes the seat with the leather central table on other aircraft has an adjustable head rest ..... with wings

KARFA Nov 10, 2018 3:51 am

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 30414387)
flew my first newer A320 last night in club euro. while the seat seemed more comfy and the headrest had moveable winglets (this was not the case before was it?) -- it was super annoying to not have the middle seat table. instead using the half-table to share for two people (i was in row 1). a smaller table, and no leather so things slide around during turbulence.

The seat at the front of the neos is the same as the current seat on all the short haul planes, so they do have independently movable headrest winglets. The rear half of the neos has the much thinner seats now - I haven't tried them yet so can't comment on how comfortable they are but they don't have any movable headrest.

Agree, it's a shame the table has gone.

mjh0 Nov 10, 2018 4:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30414485)
The rear half of the neos has the much thinner seats now - I haven't tried them yet so can't comment on how comfortable they are but they don't have any movable headrest.

Agree, it's a shame the table has gone.

The seat at the rear of the NEOs is the Recaro SL3510. This torture-implement of a seat has been flying on the Iberia Express subfleet for quite a while now. It is an especially uncomfortable, bolt-upright experience, with inadequate cushioning for anything longer than a 45-60 minute flight.

Whenever I end up flying in one, I end up with the worst lower backache and it doesn't go for a day or two.

+1 on the loss of the tables.

VSLover Nov 10, 2018 7:10 am

Maybe the seat felt a bit better because it wasn't as worn?

Also the entire flight I was conserving battery on my devices only to see at landing when I stopped something on the floor there was in seat power! I couldn't believe my eyes on a BA SH!! Haha

ColOrd Nov 10, 2018 7:22 am

I had my first Neo on the BA487 Barcelona to Heathrow on Tuesday night in CE.

I was more impressed than I thought I would be. The leg room wasn't terrible, the power worked and the loss of the table wasn't that much of an issue.

gliderpilot Nov 10, 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by mjh0 (Post 30414507)
The seat at the rear of the NEOs is the Recaro SL3510. This torture-implement of a seat has been flying on the Iberia Express subfleet for quite a while now. It is an especially uncomfortable, bolt-upright experience, with inadequate cushioning for anything longer than a 45-60 minute flight.

Whenever I end up flying in one, I end up with the worst lower backache and it doesn't go for a day or two.

+1 on the loss of the tables.

sorry if this had been discussed before, but row do the new ET seats start? I have an a320 to BUD in 2 weeks which I gather is one of the NEO routes. Currently in row 12.

Ldnn1 Nov 10, 2018 11:04 am

Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 30415338)

sorry if this had been discussed before, but row do the new ET seats start? I have an a320 to BUD in 2 weeks which I gather is one of the NEO routes. Currently in row 12.

From row 13. 12 is good - exit row, current seat with recline, plus power.

gliderpilot Nov 10, 2018 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 30415382)

From row 13. 12 is good - exit row, current seat with recline, plus power.

thanks Ldnn1. Just what I wanted to hear!

LondonElite Nov 10, 2018 11:15 am

I miss the old school 767s

LTN Phobia Nov 10, 2018 12:51 pm

I've been on the NEO twice and I did not like the lack of tray table at all.

One thing they had not suffered yet is the forward cushion recess, which I find is more pronounced in row 1 than other rows, presumably due to feet-on-bulkhead, because the seats are too upright (not just on NEO but on all the latest BA seats, along with some other airlines... It looks like the latest trend to have rather upright seats?), and people slide forward, and then put the feel up on the bulkhead in row 1?

Newer ones have not had a chance to get very compressed yet.

Glossary of terms:
"Forward cushion recess" means bum-induced compression more forward than expected)

P.S. In case of any doubt, I DO NOT put my feet on the bulkhead!!

VSLover Nov 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia (Post 30415741)
I've been on the NEO twice and I did not like the lack of tray table at all.

Glossary of terms:
"Forward cushion recess" means bum-induced compression more forward than expected)

i just presumed it meant "you can enjoy a complimentary massage on-board thanks to the knees of the passengers sitting in row 2" on both journeys, now having the same plane type HEL-LHR. LOL.

this time though, the middle seat tray table in row 1 was already sloping, so good luck keeping anything on that! a shame. most who are not normal BA flyers may think -- there is nothing special about this in terms of experience. first impressions at least for those boarding who are not BA regulars, and perhaps connecting. the cabin now is just sad. and as someone who pretty much is 95% CE that is my impression too.

LTN Phobia Nov 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by VSLover (Post 30416088)
i just presumed it meant "you can enjoy a complimentary massage on-board thanks to the knees of the passengers sitting in row 2" on both journeys, now having the same plane type HEL-LHR. LOL.

Hahaha, that happens too, but the recess I speak of is on the seat cushion where one's bum goes :D

HEL is NEO-prone (I read somewhere that NEOs hang out on T3 routes?). Someone's trying to tell someone that NEO should go to HEL(l)?

footballfanatic Nov 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia (Post 30416103)
Hahaha, that happens too, but the recess I speak of is on the seat cushion where one's bum goes :D

HEL is NEO-prone (I read somewhere that NEOs hang out on T3 routes?). Someone's trying to tell someone that NEO should go to HEL(l)?

how does this compare to air france?

LTN Phobia Nov 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by footballfanatic (Post 30416204)
how does this compare to air france?

I've no idea as I haven't flown AF for a long time.

I have noted that there are some middle-table-less LH aircraft too, though. It's disappointing that there seems to be a trend towards not bothering with the middle table??