LHR connection query

Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

LHR connection query

First time poster, so be gentle!
I have booked IAD to NCL for 17 Dec. on a through ticket. Looking at it again I find that connection time is 65 mins, form experience this is tight. Presumably BA would not have allowed the booking if not “legal”.
Rebooking to a later flight seems to be Ł170. Booking LHR to NCL on a new ticket is Ł69. Alternatively, am I right in thinking that BA will put me on the next flight anyway if I miss it?
I should say that I have no status.
Comments from those more experienced than I would be appreciated.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
If you miss the connection then BA will put you on the next available flight. This happens regularly every day. Remember to stay airside at LHR.

And welcome to FT.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:17 pm

And do not book a separate LHR-NCL tickt and travel on that, your return flights (if applicable) would be cancelled when you fail to travel the segment.

Last edited by dodgeflyer; Nov 10, 2018 at 1:37 pm Reason: Misread the direction.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum.

As madfish says if you miss it BA will protect you on the next flight as you are on one through ticket.

It is tight but as the MCT at LHR T5 to T5 is 60mins it is doable.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Correct that BA would have not allowed you to book this if it failed to meet the minimum connection time which at T5 is 60 minutes.

If your IAD flight is late BA will rebook you (free of charge) onto the next available flight (which may not be the next flight but is it an important distinction that needs to be made)
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, chris829!

If you were to be delayed so much on your first sector that you miss the next flight too (which is at 0950), the next flight after that is at 1735. ISTR that if that were to happen, BA would be obliged to feed and water you during the delay.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
And one more welcome for me! In addition to all the points above and confirm that you will be fine and should NOT book anything additional yourself, bear in mind that the timings of long haul flights are a somewhat inexact science as they can be significantly affected by winds, and notably the gulfstream, and let us say that on average, they are calculated relatively conservatively. In that sense, while it is possible that you may be delayed for a whole variety of reasons, it is just as possible that you might end up arriving 30 or even 60 minutes early and have time for a very leisurely connection!
Old Nov 10, 2018, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks to you all for your welcome and replies. At least we don’t have to change terminals: ORD last week was two and a half hours terminal 5 to 2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.