BA1468 Cancelled for 2019?

Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:55 am
Original Poster

BA1468 Cancelled for 2019?

I was booked to fly twice on this flight next year, from London Heathrow to Inverness. I've now just had an email from British Airways for both flights saying this flight is cancelled. I was due to depart at 10:15am and arrive at 11:55 but the only alternative I've been offered is depart 18:40, arive 20:20 which is too late. I've seen the list of schedule changes for next year (new routes and dropped routes and so on), but I did not see Inverness listed. Does anyone know why it has been cancelled (I did ask British Airway but the person I spoke to told me they didn't know).

So I've cancelled this booking and re-booked with EasyJet. I do this trip usually 2-3 times a year and I've previously always used Easyjet from Luton (which is an airport I hate but the times were best for me from there), but since British Airways were competitive on price I decided to try them instead this time as I live nearer Heathrow than Luton. Clearly a mistake. (I've never had a schedule change with EasyJet). So far this year I've booked 3 flights with British Airways. These two (both now cancelled) and another earlier in the year to Innsbruch which was re-scheduled 6 hours later afer I booked it (so I cancelled and re-booked with EasyJet - again!).

So that's a 100% record of significant changes to my flights after booking. I realise flight schedule changes happen from time to time, but it seems to be much more common with British Airways, I am not impressed.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
see this post re additional flights re INV

Inverness Frequency Increase Summer 2019
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have had a couple of these emails and texts this afternoon too, and like you I couldn't quite square it with the increase in flights, referenced here, just a few weeks later. I don't know if it's an equipment issue as the new NEO aircraft roll into the network.

I've had more changes on easyJet than on BA last summer, partly due to their use of Titan aircraft. But nothing really compares to how the USA airlines shake their schedules up. One of the perils of booking long in advance, unfortunately.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But nothing really compares to how the USA airlines shake their schedules up. One of the perils of booking long in advance, unfortunately.
Although AA schedule changes can often work to the advantage of TP runners to add sectors in to gain extra TPs.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
see this post re additional flights re INV

(link to previous post removed, apparantley I can't quote it and be permitted to post a reply)
Thanks for posting this. However it does confuse me because that post shows that BA1468 is still running. BA tell me that it's cancelled?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by joncombe
Thanks for posting this. However it does confuse me because that post shows that BA1468 is still running. BA tell me that it's cancelled?
Next summer it is running at weekends only, weekdays it is BA1466 and BA1470. Presumably they meant it was cancelled for your date?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
Next summer it is running at weekends only, weekdays it is BA1466 and BA1470. Presumably they meant it was cancelled for your date?
Ah I see I hadn't realised what the digits/letters at the end of each line were the days of operation I see now. On the day I was due to travel (Wednesday) it's now only 18:40 and 20:20. Seems a bit odd to be running two flights a day, but have them timed so close together.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by joncombe
Ah I see I hadn't realised what the digits/letters at the end of each line were the days of operation I see now. On the day I was due to travel (Wednesday) it's now only 18:40 and 20:20. Seems a bit odd to be running two flights a day, but have them timed so close together.
They are not timed for taking visitors to Inverness, they are timed very specifically for bringing business travelles from Inverness to London (and beyond a bit).
skipness1E likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Not so sure about the beyond bit. There can’t be many connections available off those flights.......
anniegray likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Not so sure about the beyond bit. There can’t be many connections available off those flights.......
Huh? The 7am departure from INV connects to almost anywhere.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes that seemed the be the major advantage of the change now, there is an early southbound every day with connections on to nearly all flights. Previously the daily southbound used to arrive in to T5 about 2pm I think.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
I too got caught in this today. Had a B2B booked in May, and of course got rebooked onto flights that didn't work. Managed to rebook just now onto the afternoon rotation (which my positioning flight had been rebooked to, while the ex-INV was rebooked to the AM flight) and thankfully my PHL connection was the next day any way so nothing lost.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
the op is talking about 2 evening flights from INV, 7:00am was not under discussion til you brought it up. Read the quote you used in your post. I’m just stating you won’t make many connections off them.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by zanderblue

the op is talking about 2 evening flights from INV, 7:00am was not under discussion til you brought it up. Read the quote you used in your post. I’m just stating you won’t make many connections off them.
Those flight times quoted, the two evening flights a few hours apart, are the northbound LHR-INV timings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.