Lounge access

Old Nov 8, 18, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Question Lounge access

Hi
Im traveling from LHR T5 to MAN.
Being Emerald. Do I have lounge acccess in Heathrow?

What about on my way back from MAN to LHR?
Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 18, 9:36 am

Programs: Mucci Silver for life, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold !!, Hertz Gold PC
Hi - yes, lounge access for Sapphires and Emeralds is granted even for domestic flights on BA.

In T5, you'll have access to the First Class lounge (South Lounges). In MAN, there is a galleries lounge. As long as you're flying BA on both legs, you will get lounge access, assuming you have your card or if your number is already recognised in your booking.
centerax likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
In T5, you'll have access to the First Class lounge (South Lounges).
For completeness, an Emerald also has access to the Galleries Club lounges, including the one at the north end of T5A (the main building) on the same level as security. A flight to MAN has a good chance of departing from this end of the building, so there could be reasons for choosing this lounge instead of going to the wrong end of the building for the Galleries First lounge.

If an Emerald is starting their journey at LHR (or entering T5 from landside for any other reason), then they have access to The First Wing at the south end of the building, including the security channel there. That leads straight into the Galleries First lounge.

But again, for a domestic departure which is at the north end of the buildings, North Security Fast Track (through a relatively inconspicuous entrance) is in practical terms often as good, even if it doesn't stroke the ego quite as much.
ThatT1Feeling and centerax like this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 10:20 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
But again, for a domestic departure which is at the north end of the buildings, North Security Fast Track (through a relatively inconspicuous entrance) is in practical terms often as good, even if it doesn't stroke the ego quite as much.
tagging onto this - where *is* the Fast Track at North Security? I have always previously entered the terminal near the South entrance (from valet parking), so used FT there - but this week I returned a hire car and the Hertz bus dropped off at the North end, so I went to North security - and couldn't see any FT....
centerax likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
tagging onto this - where *is* the Fast Track at North Security? I have always previously entered the terminal near the South entrance (from valet parking), so used FT there - but this week I returned a hire car and the Hertz bus dropped off at the North end, so I went to North security - and couldn't see any FT....
It is a completely separate entrance from normal track, about 50m further north than normal track entrance.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
It is a completely separate entrance from normal track, about 50m further north than normal track entrance.
Go to this terminal map (on the LHR website) and go to page 2. It's behind the Zone B check-in desks, between "shops" 4 and 5.
Stewie Mac, KARFA and argonath like this.
Old Nov 8, 18, 12:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
Go to this terminal map (on the LHR website) and go to page 2. It's behind the Zone B check-in desks, between "shops" 4 and 5.
You'll find the sign for Boots faster than the sign for Fast Track. But it's towards the toilets. Usually it's the better than South, but in the morning peak there isn't a lot in it.
Old Nov 8, 18, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club: Silver HHons:Gold FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC
...but the exit into the security screening sometimes just leads you into the normal track anyway.
Old Nov 8, 18, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AleTrail View Post
...but the exit into the security screening sometimes just leads you into the normal track anyway.
for north fast track? I can’t say I ever experienced that. If it wasn’t for TFW I would continue using north fast track. My experience was usually that there were never more than half a dozen people in the queue before me, and on many occasions there was no one waiting.
frandrake likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 8, 18 at 2:01 pm
Old Nov 9, 18, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, Wyndham Diamond

for north fast track? I canít say I ever experienced that. If it wasnít for TFW I would continue using north fast track. My experience was usually that there were never more than half a dozen people in the queue before me, and on many occasions there was no one waiting.
The flip side to that is that they seem to have the slowest and most 'precious' agents in the world. I remember losing 10+ minutes because I'd forgotten a bottle of water in my backpack, there was only one person doing the manual checks, and they were arguing with the guy in front of me over his perfume allowance.
Old Nov 9, 18, 4:09 am
2018 Secret Santa

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald

for north fast track? I can’t say I ever experienced that. If it wasn’t for TFW I would continue using north fast track. My experience was usually that there were never more than half a dozen people in the queue before me, and on many occasions there was no one waiting.
It has happened to me... and even when they are not merged into each other it doesn't stop opportunistic people to go around to the fast track security as it's just separated by a small barrier, out of sight of the people who check boarding passes... Either way, OP has access to the first wing which leads directly into the "Emerald" aka galleries first lounge.
Old Nov 9, 18, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebigben View Post
Either way, OP has access to the first wing which leads directly into the "Emerald" aka galleries first lounge.
If the OP wants to do that. But there are times when that doesn't make much sense for an Emerald - hence pointing out that North Security Fast Track is an available alternative.