Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inverness Frequency Increase Summer 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:00 am

I am looking forward to my first flight out of INV next June* on the 11:25 departure. If the weather is anything like my last visit to the city then precipitation makes this question moot, but: which side of the aircraft is best for views after take-off? I thought I had seen a (?) c-w-s Trip Report from INV but can't seem to find it.

* Actually several firsts: my first LH redemption and first 2-4-1… I'll post about that elsewhere, but just wanted to briefly flag up my sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed to the wealth of knowledge about how to maximise value using Avios/2-4-1s.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by squawk
I thought I had seen a (?) c-w-s Trip Report from INV but can't seem to find it.
New Routes Review 2016 – London Heathrow (LHR) to Inverness (INV)

The big change since then is the advent of Fast Track at INV, otherwise I think it's all good.
squawk likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Looks like Inverness will overtake Aberdeen for London flights next year, now that EZY is axing their ABZ LGW route.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Sealink
Looks like Inverness will overtake Aberdeen for London flights next year, now that EZY is axing their ABZ LGW route.
EZY axing their LGW_ABZ?? When is that happening and where was that announced?
I have a booking on with them on that route, out on the 16th Feb and back on 22nd Feb. It was only booked a week ago!!!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
New Routes Review 2016 – London Heathrow (LHR) to Inverness (INV)

The big change since then is the advent of Fast Track at INV, otherwise I think it's all good.
Thanks c-w-s - that’s the one! Lots of useful information there. I note the window views you recommend are heading into INV - do you have any insight into the departing direction/pattern? I .assume we’d still take off into the prevailing wind, which I imagine is from the west...
Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by squawk
Thanks c-w-s - that’s the one! Lots of useful information there. I note the window views you recommend are heading into INV - do you have any insight into the departing direction/pattern? I .assume we’d still take off into the prevailing wind, which I imagine is from the west...
I think that's best to be starboard for sea views with a westerly take off, but I seem to have had mainly eastward departures which would be port side. I think Inverness residents may be able to give better advice - @Calum ?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Akoz
EZY axing their LGW_ABZ?? When is that happening and where was that announced?<br />I have a booking on with them on that route, out on the 16th Feb and back on 22nd Feb. It was only booked a week ago!!!

The flights being axed were announced last week,but I think you are ok in February, it is after that

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Dec 2, 2018 at 3:54 pm Reason: Admin merge
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by anniegray

The flights being axed were announced last week,but I think you are ok in February, it is after that
Not sure I am - Looking on the EZY website they are now showing no flights after 8th. Looks like trekking to LHR, BA and another extra £150.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
You are right, I looked back the article and it says from 8th February. Unlucky there...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:27 am

Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Not sure I am - Looking on the EZY website they are now showing no flights after 8th. Looks like trekking to LHR, BA and another extra £150.
I’m no expert on this by any means and this strays a little OT for the BA board but I think EU261 may protect you here.* Even though there is no compensation as it more than 14 days before the flight EasyJet do need to offer a reroute.

*as long as there is not a no deal Brexit.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal

I’m no expert on this by any means and this strays a little OT for the BA board but I think EU261 may protect you here.* Even though there is no compensation as it more than 14 days before the flight EasyJet do need to offer a reroute.

*as long as there is not a no deal Brexit.
Not meaning to stray further. Thanks for the advice. Rang EZY and was initially told just to wait as there was no official announcement, much complaining later. Was offered a free change to LTN-ABZ. Pointed out that there is no LTN flight on my departure day, was offered following day and then withdrawn as flight full. Eventually settled on original day but LGW-INV and near previous departure times. Got the last few seats on that flight. Not sure they will be able to accommodate lots of people when route is formally cancelled. Guessing lots of refunds and probable more people trying to get on the BA flights.
lcylocal likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by nshep

handy to know guess I'll leave my partner in T5 and go for a quick TP run 😂
even if I have a 1h30 connection, I exit T5, go for a smoke and then come back airside again. So yes, you can exit LHR (obviously if you have the proper documents for that as not applicable to those who require a Visa to the UK and don’t have it).
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Not meaning to stray further. Thanks for the advice. Rang EZY and was initially told just to wait as there was no official announcement, much complaining later. Was offered a free change to LTN-ABZ. Pointed out that there is no LTN flight on my departure day, was offered following day and then withdrawn as flight full. Eventually settled on original day but LGW-INV and near previous departure times. Got the last few seats on that flight. Not sure they will be able to accommodate lots of people when route is formally cancelled. Guessing lots of refunds and probable more people trying to get on the BA flights.
Glad you managed to get something sorted. I
think this is one of the ways BA does deal with things a little better than the true LCCs, as route suspensions/cancellations do tend to be followed by proper rebooking guidelines.

Anyway I would keep hold of any tickets/receipts for any extra travel costs to get to where you are going from INV over what they would have been from ABZ, and try and put in a claim for these post-flight. Not sure on the exact EU261 position but would be worth having a go for me.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by lcylocal

Glad you managed to get something sorted. I
think this is one of the ways BA does deal with things a little better than the true LCCs, as route suspensions/cancellations do tend to be followed by proper rebooking guidelines.

Anyway I would keep hold of any tickets/receipts for any extra travel costs to get to where you are going from INV over what they would have been from ABZ, and try and put in a claim for these post-flight. Not sure on the exact EU261 position but would be worth having a go for me.
The only extra cost was £16 to move my avis booking to INV. My drive in Scotland is the same distance. Not sure I can be bothered to fight for that.

As a general rule I like/prefer booking BA. Just the location of LGW is SO convenient for me and saves me from the M25. Bring back BA route from LGW to INV or ABZ and I would be on it.

Thanks again to FT and the heads up in the previous posts, got me sorted before the poo hits the fan!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.