FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Inverness Frequency Increase Summer 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1939537-inverness-frequency-increase-summer-2019-a.html)

nufnuf77 Nov 9, 2018 12:19 am

Happy to see Inverness doing so well!

babats Nov 9, 2018 1:45 am

Originally Posted by shefgab (Post 30408032)
Nice expansion of the route, with double daily during the week and triple at the weekend. Also great for the crew to be night stopping there.

My last time in INV was back when Loganair had a full free bar (with full sized bottles!) on the hop from EDI.

I last flew to INV when it was operated by DAN AIR

FlyingHighlander Nov 9, 2018 4:05 am

Happy to see this :)

Akoz Nov 9, 2018 5:21 am

I use INV quite a lot, but alas on EZY because I WANT TO FLY FROM GATWICK!!!

Sorry for the rant - Only 20min to Gatwick and then not having to contend with the M25.

FlyingHighlander Nov 9, 2018 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Akoz (Post 30411104)
I use INV quite a lot, but alas on EZY because I WANT TO FLY FROM GATWICK!!!

Sorry for the rant - Only 20min to Gatwick and then not having to contend with the M25.

hard times being in that minority :p

corporate-wage-slave Nov 9, 2018 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Above Wing (Post 30410516)
For those with long layovers on a Friday, if you can delay your trip by a day, the Sat AM LHR:INV flight connects to both the HKG and a number of JFKs, maybe worth a call!

Just to welcome you to the BA Forum here on Flyertalk Above Wing, it's alway great to to see new members join up with us. Thank you for that observation and welcome on board.
====
While I'm here I'll just put on the Media Centre piece on this.

British Airways is to significantly expand its service between Heathrow and Inverness by operating two daily return services from Monday to Friday and three return services at weekends from summer 2019.

The increased schedule means that, for the first time since the Heathrow to Inverness route was reinstated in 2016, an aircraft will be parked overnight at Inverness Airport and British Airways customers will be able to travel between the two cities, complete a full working day, and return home the very same day.

From March 31, 2019 the number of weekly flights the airline operates between the two cities during the summer season will increase from 10 to 16. The winter flying programme between Heathrow Terminal 5 and Inverness will see a doubling from seven to 14 return services a week, with the airline operating a double-daily schedule every day of the week from October 27, 2019.

Flights have also been re-timed to improve onward connections on to British Airways’ global network of more than 150 destinations worldwide. Flights are available to book on ba.com, with each-way fares starting from £115 per person in Club Europe and £34 in Euro Traveller*.

Phyllis Stuart, British Airways’ Airport Manager in Inverness, said: “We have been able to increase flights to Inverness because the airport is exempt from Air Passenger Duty. This outdated and unjustified tax stifles British Airways’ route development plans and costs the UK jobs and growth.

“Since we reintroduced the daily service between Inverness and Heathrow we have seen steady growth in passenger numbers at both ends of the route and this further expansion is testament to the support our partners at Inverness Airport and the people and business community of the highlands and islands have given us over the past two years. The new schedule will bring greater economic benefits to the region and the extra flights on Saturdays and Sundays will cater for the number of leisure passengers travelling to the highlands and islands during the summer months.”

Inglis Lyon, Managing Director of Highlands and Islands Airports, said: “The increased frequency of British Airways flights to Heathrow really is a game changer for Inverness and the Highlands and Islands. It opens up a host of new connections and destinations via one of the world’s great aviation hubs, meaning many more people can travel to and from our region on one ticket. Local businesses will benefit from greater connectivity with London and beyond and it opens up opportunities for visitors to access all that the area has to offer.”

British Airways is investing £4.5 billion for customers, including the installation of the best quality WiFi and power in every seat, fitting 128 long-haul aircraft with new interiors and taking delivery of 72 new aircraft. The airline is also making a multi-million-pound investment in its short haul business class cabin, Club Europe. The spend is part of the airline’s current £4.5bn investment plan and will focus on enhanced food and drink.

rcspeirs Nov 9, 2018 7:16 am

It's good to have extra options. As for the snide comments about Gatwick, that's the easyjet flight out of INV that always seems to sell better - you'll rarely get a bargain on the LGW services. Seems to suit many of us.

Akoz Nov 9, 2018 7:28 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander (Post 30411168)
hard times being in that minority :p

To us in Kent and Sussex going to LHR is a pain in the a**. Did I mention the M25?

EZY flight are usually full to LGW & once you get past the very lowest fares theire about the same price as BA to LHR. (as is the case for the LGW-ABZ flights). I would be happy to pay a slight premium to BA over EZY on a LGW route and also have the option of going CE. Plus there has to be connection possibilities with BAs LGW routes. I don't want as many flights at to LHR but SOME would be nice.

nshep Nov 9, 2018 10:36 am

Inv to Singapore now with an 11 hour connection in T5 ....... what the hell are me and my partner gonna do for 11 hours. (Can you even go in the lounge for that long ...?)

UKtravelbear Nov 9, 2018 10:49 am

Originally Posted by nshep (Post 30412110)
Inv to Singapore now with an 11 hour connection in T5 ....... what the hell are me and my partner gonna do for 11 hours. (Can you even go in the lounge for that long ...?)

yes you can.

but you could also go into London or Windsor for a wander.

nshep Nov 9, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 30412168)
yes you can.

so your allowed to leave airport if your connection is really long and bags are checked through to final destination? (I wasn't sure on if this was allowed)

corporate-wage-slave Nov 9, 2018 10:54 am

Originally Posted by nshep (Post 30412173)
so your allowed to leave airport if your connection is really long and bags are checked through to final destination? (I wasn't sure on if this was allowed)

No you are not imprisoned in Heathrow. Even if your connection is 2 hours you are liberty to dash out for a curry in Hounslow if you wish. So long as you start to reclear security not later than 35 minutes before departure then that's all fine.

nshep Nov 9, 2018 11:00 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30412187)
No you are not imprisoned in Heathrow. Even if your connection is 2 hours you are liberty to dash out for a curry in Hounslow if you wish. So long as you start to reclear security not later than 35 minutes before departure then that's all fine.

handy to know guess I'll leave my partner in T5 and go for a quick TP run 😂

FEMW Nov 9, 2018 11:07 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30412187)

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 30412168)
yes you can.

I have the same predicament on return journey. Is anything open in Windsor at 7am?

We’ll just enjoy the CCR and Galleries First and try and get a couple of spa treatments. We’ll probably never get the opportunity again so will make the most of it!

Joshm300 Nov 9, 2018 11:21 am

Originally Posted by nshep (Post 30412201)

handy to know guess I'll leave my partner in T5 and go for a quick TP run 😂

that’s the spirit!